GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   a question about STARTING BAMBOO (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/51323-question-about-starting-bamboo.html)

Dan Pavlica 30-01-2004 08:33 PM

a question about STARTING BAMBOO

A friend of mine has some beautiful, tall bamboo at the house he's
renting right now, and I want to plant some just like that in my back
yard. But neither one of us knows anything about bamboo. He just lives
at that house (he didn't plant it) and I've never had bamboo. I
absolutely love it and don't care if it takes over my whole back yard.
Anyway, I hear you can chop a little stock into pieces and go from
there. But how exactly? I suppose you cut it between nodes, and then
what? Does it go in the ground or in the water? Upright or
horizontally? Could someone with some experience with this let me
know? Thanks.