GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   National Home Gardening Club (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/51595-national-home-gardening-club.html)

Salty Thumb 03-02-2004 11:43 PM

National Home Gardening Club

winkydinky wrote in
:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:31:11 -0600, WiGard opined:

I was once suckered into buying a fishing magazine under the pretense
that subscribers would become product testers and receive free
merchandise. In the 2-3 years I had the magazine, I was never
contacted once.

Caveat emptor.

This instance is not one of those. They never say you will definitely
be a product tester, but that you MAY be chosen to test products. I
always received this or that to test out for them. LIke I said, if
you send back the completed questionnaire, you are sent more product.
If you don't send it back, you never get another thing.

I don't know whether to believe WiGard or not. His whole story seems
really fishy.

Ha ha, comedy.

FarmerDill 06-02-2004 08:11 PM

National Home Gardening Club

This instance is not one of those. They never say you will definitely be a
product tester, but that you MAY be chosen to test products. I always
received
this or that to test out for them. LIke I said, if you send back the
completed
questionnaire, you are sent more product. If you don't send it back, you
never
get another thing.

Agreed
You have to sign up as a product tester. If you do and complete the
questionnaires in a timely fashion, they will send you other products to test.
Unfortunately you don't get to choose your category. I am a vegetable grower
and while I have recieved some vegetable seeds and tools pertainent to veggie
growing, I have also recieved materials fror house plants, a tick/ chiggere
repellent bracelet and other stuff I am not in a position to test. The magazine
is about on a par with Organic Gardening and is heavy on decorative gardening
with minor attention to veggies. The sign -up prizes are cheap types but have
always been delivered in timely fashion.