GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cats (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/51635-cats.html)

Lozzie 03-02-2004 08:43 PM

Cats

My neighbours cats seem determined to use my garden as their toilet.
Is there anyway I can keep them off? I don't want to use any of the
machine type deterents you can buy as they seem expensive and I've
been told they don't work very well.
Thank you

Phisherman 03-02-2004 08:43 PM

Cats

On 3 Feb 2004 10:45:54 -0800, (Lozzie) wrote:

My neighbours cats seem determined to use my garden as their toilet.
Is there anyway I can keep them off? I don't want to use any of the
machine type deterents you can buy as they seem expensive and I've
been told they don't work very well.
Thank you

There are many methods. Cats are particular where they step. I have
used thorny branches, sweet gum balls, and hardware cloth.
Motion-activated sprinklers are very effective.

WiGard 03-02-2004 08:43 PM

Cats

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:45:54 -0800, Lozzie wrote:

My neighbours cats seem determined to use my garden as their toilet. Is
there anyway I can keep them off? I don't want to use any of the machine
type deterents you can buy as they seem expensive and I've been told they
don't work very well.
Thank you

I had problems with neighbors' cats at the bird feeders and in the trees
above the same. Nothing worked. I finally talked with the neighbors and
now no cats.

Assuming you live in town, most towns have animals-at-large ordinances.
Check to see if you have such an ordinance. If so, remind the neighbor of
the ordinance.

Good neighbors tend to listen.

Water works. Cats don't like water.