Old 06-02-2004, 06:02 AM
Michelle

Default looking fro a certain rose variety

I'd like to find a joseph tecni color coat rose but I don't know any
other name for it it is a varatious rose that seems to take over any
where it's planted without careful pruning but I love the beautiful
multi color flowers they range from almost purple to pink to white
with colored edges peach and yellow just all kinds of colors on one
bush and lots of the flowers are multi colored I've checked my local
garden supply and houses and and a few catilogs and can't find it is
there another name for it or is there a website or place where I can
order it?
My mother had one but when I asked her where she got it she said she
dug it up on a condemned lot uggggg leave it to her to get all her
neat plants that way .
Thanks
Michelle
Old 06-02-2004, 06:52 AM
Charles

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:55:10 -0500, Michelle
wrote:

I'd like to find a joseph tecni color coat rose but I don't know any
other name for it it is a varatious rose that seems to take over any
where it's planted without careful pruning but I love the beautiful
multi color flowers they range from almost purple to pink to white
with colored edges peach and yellow just all kinds of colors on one
bush and lots of the flowers are multi colored I've checked my local
garden supply and houses and and a few catilogs and can't find it is
there another name for it or is there a website or place where I can
order it?
My mother had one but when I asked her where she got it she said she
dug it up on a condemned lot uggggg leave it to her to get all her
neat plants that way .
Thanks
Michelle

There is a rose called "Joseph's Coat"

http://www.veseys.com/store.cfm?product=2584

http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/p1/gw1049636.html

http://www.justourpictures.com/roses/josephscoat.html

Is this the one?

--

- Charles
-
Old 06-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Pam - gardengal

"Michelle" wrote in message
news
I'd like to find a joseph tecni color coat rose but I don't know any
other name for it it is a varatious rose that seems to take over any
where it's planted without careful pruning but I love the beautiful
multi color flowers they range from almost purple to pink to white
with colored edges peach and yellow just all kinds of colors on one
bush and lots of the flowers are multi colored I've checked my local
garden supply and houses and and a few catilogs and can't find it is
there another name for it or is there a website or place where I can
order it?
My mother had one but when I asked her where she got it she said she
dug it up on a condemned lot uggggg leave it to her to get all her
neat plants that way .
Thanks
Michelle

'Joseph's Coat' is a common climber, been around for years - should be
readily available pretty much anywhere roses are sold and most certainly
from rose mail order sources. It is a very popular and hardy rose,
moderately disease free. It opens from yellow buds and as the flowers age,
they change from yellow to tones of orange, red and finally a pinkish red -
no white or purple. The effect is multicolored when in bloom but it is a
similar effect to many other roses that change color as the flowers age.
True multicolored roses have petals that are more than one color - often
called bi-colors, picotees and various other terms. They seem to be having a
popularity increase, as hybridizers have been cranking them out like mad in
recent years. Personally, I find the ones that change color as they age more
appealing, like Joseph's Coat, Mutabilis, Peace, etc.

pam - gardengal

Old 06-02-2004, 08:44 AM
David Ross

'Joseph's Coat' was the most thorny rose I ever had. When it
failed to survive having its roots disturbed when the adjacent
block wall was replaced (repairs from the 1994 Northridge
earthquake), I replaced it with '4th of July'.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See http://www.mozilla.org/.

Old 06-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Anonny Moose

Joseph's Coat at Heirloom Roses:
http://www.heirloomroses.com/express...at=11&item=597

karen

news

Old 06-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Sunflower

"Michelle" wrote in message
news
I'd like to find a joseph tecni color coat rose but I don't know any
other name for it it is a varatious rose that seems to take over any
where it's planted without careful pruning but I love the beautiful
multi color flowers they range from almost purple to pink to white
with colored edges peach and yellow just all kinds of colors on one
bush and lots of the flowers are multi colored I've checked my local
garden supply and houses and and a few catilogs and can't find it is
there another name for it or is there a website or place where I can
order it?
My mother had one but when I asked her where she got it she said she
dug it up on a condemned lot uggggg leave it to her to get all her
neat plants that way .
Thanks
Michelle

Joseph's Coat should be easy enough to find at a local garden center, but
it's not very suited to cold climates or to climates that have a lot of heat
and humidity. It's very winter tender and needs to be protected, and it's
also pretty disease prone, requiring a regular spray program to keep it free
of black spot.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Marion Margoshes

"Sunflower" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote in message
news
[...]

It does very well in New York City.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Anonny Moose

"Sunflower" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote in message
news
[...]

Heirloom Roses' catalog describes it this way:
"Very vigorous and easy to grow even in inferior soil. Very disease
resistant, continual blooming and hardy zones 5-10."

Old 07-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Michelle

I checked out the heritage rose site but they had no roses under the
catigory bi-color
they had a link under colors called bi ccolor but alas no roses but
noow I know what to look for at my garden center I can ask better
questions What is a good book for rose gardening I'm trying to start
a small rose garden for the statue of mary I erected in my garden
I thought I would try a more complex garden arangement than I've
done before When is a good time to start planting I am going to go
sort of slow since I'm new to roses and just plant one at a time and
see how it goes but I'de like to have a little fountain and mary an
some nice roses to train over her and some to cut for the house

thanks
Michelle

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:10:37 -0800, "Anonny Moose"
wrote:

Joseph's Coat at Heirloom Roses:
http://www.heirloomroses.com/express...at=11&item=597

karen

news

Old 07-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Anonny Moose

Michelle, I thought you were looking specifically for Joseph's Coat which my
link should have opened to. If the link didn't work, you could do a search
for Joseph's Coat. Disregard this if you were looking for some other
bi-color. Planting time depends on your location. Karen

wrote:

Joseph's Coat at Heirloom Roses:
http://www.heirloomroses.com/express...at=11&item=597

karen

"Michelle" wrote in message
news
I'd like to find a joseph tecni color coat rose but I don't know any
other name for it it is a varatious rose that seems to take over any
where it's planted without careful pruning but I love the beautiful
multi color flowers they range from almost purple to pink to white
with colored edges peach and yellow just all kinds of colors on one
bush and lots of the flowers are multi colored I've checked my local
garden supply and houses and and a few catilogs and can't find it is
there another name for it or is there a website or place where I can
order it?
My mother had one but when I asked her where she got it she said she
dug it up on a condemned lot uggggg leave it to her to get all her
neat plants that way .
Thanks
Michelle

[IMG] code is On

Waiting fro Spring mj North Carolina 3 24-01-2012 02:18 PM
raising baby red ramshorns who really do eat certain plants... Keith E. Loyd Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 11-03-2004 02:50 AM
What is the best Fragrant Lavender fro drying?? Lucy Australia 1 07-09-2003 11:22 AM
SBB: Search for Latin (botanical) Names for certain roses New Junk Plant Science 1 26-04-2003 02:31 PM
RG: Search for Latin (botanical) Names for certain roses New Junk Gardening 13 27-03-2003 03:56 AM