GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Paul's Glory hosta size (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/52023-pauls-glory-hosta-size.html)

Jeff 08-02-2004 02:32 AM

Paul's Glory hosta size

I just bought some Paul's glory hosta bulbs . The package says the height
will be 30" and spacing should be 16". Does this sound right? The spacing
sounds rather tight. I thought hostas were bigger than that. I would greatly
appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Pam - gardengal 08-02-2004 03:14 PM

Paul's Glory hosta size

"Jeff" wrote in message
I just bought some Paul's glory hosta bulbs . The package says the height
will be 30" and spacing should be 16". Does this sound right? The spacing
sounds rather tight. I thought hostas were bigger than that. I would

greatly
appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Hostas come from roots, not bulbs. 'Paul's Glory' is a robust plant - it
will get to be about 24" tall and can spread to a good 4' across. I'd allow
at least a 30" spacing if you are planting multiples and want fast coverage.

pam - gardengal