Old 08-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Cereus-validus

Default I visited....Gardenweb sucks

Maybe they do present some etiquette rule but the crude dude (Spike
Hernandez = Robert Stewart) who runs GW doesn't bother follow them at all.
He runs it like a power crazed despot He's all too willing to arbitrarily
banish anyone for no reason at all without any warning nor explanation. Any
inquiries get hateful demeaning replies saying he can do anything he wants.
Somebody should off that mofo.

madgardener wrote in message
I did notice that there were some etiquette rules but other than basic
common sense, nothing out of the ordinary. I'm curious and willing to

give
it a shot. I can ALWAYS learn about horticulture! g
madgardener

Someone runs the boards? I've never noticed anyone being censored or
talking about rules, etc. It's just gardeners posting. Some of the
specialty boards aren't that active, but I've found so much info over

there.

I like that the posts stay up, my news server only holds posts for maybe
2 weeks. But I've never had a problem with web-based boards, especially
ones with good search capabilities.

Janine

Old 08-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Cereus-validus

You mean you have never noticed that certain postings by certain
contributors and entire threads mysteriously completely disappear?

People without any long term memories are just perfectly suited for
Gardenweb!!!

Spike Hernandez is better at banishing people and removing all record of
their ever existing than the Nazis or Stalin were!!! He is a firm believer
in the final solution for anybody he doesn't like.

When your turn comes who will speak up for you?

jrstark wrote in message
Jim Lewis wrote:

"madgardener" wrote in message

I visited GardenWeb the other day. Interesting. LOTS of

diversified topics

concerning all sorts of plants. Even some forums with

specifics, like

Gardening in Tennessee. And a place for new forums, made me

think ....hmmmm

a lot of us from Wreck.gardens could visit there and smooze and

name the

forum "rec.garden refugees" or maybe back yard chatting from

the

neighborhood of rec.garden" there are no restrictions other

than language.

and 99% of us are pretty good at that anyway out of common

respect. I've not

given up on wreck.gardens, just thought it was interesting.
my two cents worth.
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking

English

Mountain in Eastern Tennessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36 who has

subscribed to

GardenWeb (it's free but they don't mind a donation to help run

things even

more efficiently if yer inclined)

The guy that runs the forums (fora?) on GW has the reputation of
being rather dictatorial. I sometimes (rarely) visit the bonsai
group there, but so many of the questions are about "mallsai"
(supermarket "bonsai") the visits usually are brief.

And web-based boards are clumsy.

FWIW

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Old 08-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Cereus-validus

Sorry Tennessee.

Tell everyone who has been forever banished from Gardenweb by Spike
Hernandez for no reason that there are no restrictions there.

You probably believe that Hitler and Stalin were just misunderstood and not
evil monsters too!!!

One day you too will be banished to Disneyland if Spike perceives you as
someone who is a threat to his evil empire.

Old 08-02-2004, 06:26 PM
madgardener

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. com...
Sorry Tennessee.

Cerius, you have got to lighten up. I can't tell people who has been forever
banished from GardenWeb, I only just got there myself. I wouldn't know if
someone had been banished or not. I don't doubt you. I just ain't seen it
yet. Kinda like I haven't SEEN dust mites but don't doubt they
exist..........sheesh~

Tell everyone who has been forever banished from Gardenweb by Spike
Hernandez for no reason that there are no restrictions there.

You probably believe that Hitler and Stalin were just misunderstood and

not
evil monsters too!!!

no actually Hitler was a seriously screwed up Jew who had misplaced anger
and hatred for himself and anyone who represented what he despised. Stalin?
He was a tyrant too. I also have no love in my heart for true followers of
the KKK...........lighten up on me will ya? I don't believe you can
possibly be poking at me for this. you give me far too much credit on this I
just made a casual remark. it's stuff like this that will drive me away.

in fact. good bye.
madgardener

Old 08-02-2004, 07:42 PM

why do you respond to that over the top stuff? it really is pointless and all the
harangue has nothing what so ever to do with you any way. evidently some people dont
feel gardening is exciting enough and need to rev their engines in other ways.
yes, I too have heard that many web chatting sites are heavily moderated and I really
dont like them either. I save messages from this list (got a whole separate folder
for yours!!!). And if you do wander off to those web lists and leave us here I will
track you down!! Ingrid

"madgardener" wrote:
.......lighten up on me will ya? I don't believe you can
possibly be poking at me for this.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Pam - gardengal

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. com...
You mean you have never noticed that certain postings by certain
contributors and entire threads mysteriously completely disappear?

People without any long term memories are just perfectly suited for
Gardenweb!!!

Spike Hernandez is better at banishing people and removing all record of
their ever existing than the Nazis or Stalin were!!! He is a firm believer
in the final solution for anybody he doesn't like.

When your turn comes who will speak up for you?

Contributors who can conduct themselves with a modicum of courtesy are never
bothered by banishment or admonition. It doesn't surprise me in the
slightest that you feel he is heavyhanded - with your attitude and penchant
for rude repartee, you wouldn't last a day on the GW.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:42 AM
B & J

"madgardener" wrote in message

I don't believe you can
possibly be poking at me for this. you give me far too much credit on this

just made a casual remark. it's stuff like this that will drive me away.

in fact. good bye.
madgardener

Lordie, Mad, we love you far too much for you to leave. The group would lose
far too much character without your beloved ramblings. Ignore him as I do.
After being the object of his foul mouthed savaging, I skip anything he
posts. Most of his contributions are crude, rude, and therefore unimportant.
He makes it his mission in life to hurt people, but it's beyond my
comprehension why he attacked you. Maybe it's his method of expression of
venom against Gardenweb, but who knows? Maybe he couldn't find a newbie to
attack in the posts, and you became the "target of the day."

A few in this group think he's funny, but he was way out of line in this
attack on you.

The rest of us love you...

John

Old 09-02-2004, 05:42 AM
Janice

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 13:04:11 -0500, "madgardener"
wrote:

[...]

Odd, that there is always someone who is confrontational throwing nazi
and evil and such about.

I used to have a channel on IRC, and there were always a bunch of
folks who insisted on coming into the channel, being rude, crude, or
lewd, or all of the above and who were always insisting that they
didn't do a thing, and no one had a right to kick them out of
anywhere. Never could get the idea that folks were only welcome when
they didn't disrupt the channel and that when someone set up a
channel, or a chat group or forum.. that it was the property of the
person or persons who set it up, and they did have the right to decide
when someone wasn't welcome.

Of course when I booted them I got called all kinds of names. Oh wah.
I developed a real thick skin.

Too bad the rude ones didn't catch on that It would be like wandering
into someone's house and plopping their butt on the couch, grabbing
food from the people who lived there, making a mess, being incredibly
rude, and abusive, and then getting mad when the people who lived
there objected. Thug mentality.

Go figure.

Janice
Old 09-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Bend over and take your reward for being such a pushover, Pam. It won't hurt
a bit and never complain to anyone. Just keep telling yourself that its good
for you.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:12 AM
paghat

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.com...
Sorry Tennessee.

Cerius, you have got to lighten up. I can't tell people who has been forever
banished from GardenWeb, I only just got there myself. I wouldn't know if
someone had been banished or not. I don't doubt you. I just ain't seen it
yet. Kinda like I haven't SEEN dust mites but don't doubt they
exist..........sheesh~

Tell everyone who has been forever banished from Gardenweb by Spike
Hernandez for no reason that there are no restrictions there.

You probably believe that Hitler and Stalin were just misunderstood and

not
evil monsters too!!!

no actually Hitler was a seriously screwed up Jew who had misplaced anger
and hatred for himself and anyone who represented what he despised.

Not that anyone with a modicum of education won't already know this, but
Hitler came from a Catholic family & hadn't an ounce of Jewish blood in
him. Antisemites spread the rumor that it was a Jew who killed all those
Jews, & by & large antisemites keep this bit of folklore alive, often
followed by assertions like "Hitler was a Jew and a stooge for the Jews.
He did the Jews' bidding in order to create the circumstances that would
justify the creation of the evil that is modern Israel."

Variations of the myth are his grandfather was a Jew, his stepfather was a
Jew who beat him daily, his father was "at least half Jewish," his mother
was secretly a Jew & raised her son a Crypto-Jew (whatever the **** that
is) pretending to be Christians, or he was the ******* of a Jew, or his
father was a ******* of a Jew, or one of his grandmothers was a Jew; or if
he was not a Jew he had a Jewish nanny who taught him the ways of Jews. A
Jewish cemetary marker is alleged to exist in Bucharest with the name
"Adolph Hitler" on it & this has been said to be Hitler's "real" grampa, a
legend repeatedly debunked but it persists for the same reason it was
invented -- to justify continuous hatred of Jews & to assert that Jews
themselves, never Christians, orchestrated the holocaust.

The seed of these various stories began with a man named Hans Frank who
began spreading rumors even while Hitler lived, that his grandma worked
for a rich Jewish family (she didn't) & had a secret affair with the head
of that household. Hans claimed all sorts of "proofs" that never managed
to come to light. Hitler scholar Werner Maser analyzed Frank's "original"
version of this shifting legend & discovered that for it to have been
true Hitler's grandmother had to have been living someplace she never
lived, work someplace she never worked, know people she could not have
known, in a Jewish neighborhood that had no Jews in it. Maser revealed the
REAL reason the family was so closed-mouth about who was lovers with
Hitler's grandma. Johann Nepomuk Hiedler was the grandfather both of
Hitler &amp of Hitler's mom, so was simultaneously Hitler's paternal
grandfather & maternal great-grandfather, though pretending to be Hitler's
great-uncle. It's something no family would want shouted about the
countryside -- that Hitler & his whole family were gawdamn inbred
Christians.

No one who has failed to get DNA testing done to establish paternity can
be 100% certain who is his or her father is; even your dad only knows who
you mom persisted in stating was the father. Even if you grow up looking
just like your dad, could be because you look like your Uncle Cletis. We
can all of us only know with great certainty who our mothers are, the rest
we take on faith. On this reality hinges the idea that it is not ENTIRELY
impossible that some Jew got someone pregnant in Hitler's lineage. By the
same thinking, EVERYone on the planet could be secretly a Jew -- if not a
Grey from outer space.

Christians in the post-war period made truly crazed assertions that Hitler
was either an Athiest or a Jew, but certainly not a Christian; Martin
Bormann invented from scratch a great many "Hitler quotes" which
Christians to this day love to believe in & repeat, because these invented
conversations show that Hitler had turned his back on his Christian faith
before setting out to exterminate all Jews. But here's what is "actually"
true without embellishment or fabular speculation or random rumor -- jus'
the facts: Hitler was raised Christian in a Christian household. He was
baptized in the Holy Roman Church; he attended a monastary school (where
he first observed the swastika on a school archway); he served as a
Catholic altar boy; praised "the solemn splendor of the brilliant church
festivals" among so many generous statements about Catholicism sprinkled
throughout MEIN KOMPF; was confirmed as a Soldier of Christ & planned to
become a priest. He learned the more rabid rhetoric of Jew-hating from his
youthful admiration for leaders of the Christian Social Movement in
Austria; & from the Christian Social Movement he learned how to
rationalize a belief that Jesus was an Aryan, not a Jew, interpretting the
"money-lenders" story as about ALL Jews when Jesus cast money-lenders out
of the Temple (or all Jews out of Israel, as would any good Aryan). Hitler
did not believe killing Jews & gypsies was at odds with God's Commandments
because non-Aryans were animals, not human beings, & God's law did not
prohibit the slaughter of animals. He learned all this from being a
Christian from generations of Christians.

After his rise to power it did bother him that the seat of Catholic
authority was Rome instead of Berlin as he would prefer it. But as a
faithful Christian to the end, he preserved & honored the 1933 treaty
between Germany & the Vatican right up to his last day on earth, though no
other treaty or promise meant anything to him. In Mein Kampf he says, "I
believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty
Creator. By defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work
of the Lord."

Sad fact is, if he hadn't been taught that Jews killed Jesus from before
he could speak, he might not have grown up to be psychotic in the
particular manner that occurred; his was a PECULIARLY christian disease.

Stinker though you can be, I'd like to continue to believe you're not
intentionally echoing this old whopper because you personally (like most
proponents of this myth) hate Jews & delight in pretending a Jew
orchestrated the holocaust for the benefit of Jews. For basics that you
can count on, you might Ian Kershaw's biography of Hitler if you want in
the future to repeat random "actualies" that have some actuality behind
them.

-paghat the jews' kid

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 09-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Cereus-validus

As if it isn't bad enough that your family tree has no branches, Tennessee,
but now this?

So you sympathize with the Brown Shirts, eh?

Hitler had all the Brown Shirt thugs killed when he seized power and didn't
need them anymore.

Another example of honor among thieves (and thugs).

Your washing the sheets for the KKK, doesn't get all the blood off your
hands.

wrote:

[...]

[IMG] code is On

after overstepping polite boundaries -GardenWeb sucks still!! Cereus-validus Gardening 10 24-06-2004 05:06 PM
GardenWeb? Purchgdss Gardening 43 23-06-2004 02:51 PM
after overstepping polite boundaries -GardenWeb sucks still!! Cereus-validus Gardening 0 26-02-2004 01:08 PM
Gardenweb sucks (was: (not another) New site on garden) Cereus-validus Gardening 1 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
[IBC] Kingsville Trade on Gardenweb Ben Griffin Bonsai 0 04-02-2003 05:52 PM