GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spots on ponytail palm (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/52090-spots-ponytail-palm.html)

rdquiltkat 08-02-2004 10:02 PM

Spots on ponytail palm

Nolina recurvata? Closest picture I can find.

10 year old.

Full screaming hot morning and afternoon sun indoor houseplant (atrium
at a College) Yellow spots on old growth, no pots on new growth. Yellow
spots are block shaped like the parallel veination. Spots range in size
from 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch.

No thrips, mites, mealy or scale. Minimal fert. in spring. Dishsoap,
alcohol and lemonjuice to wash leaves occasionally.

Whats its problem? Any ideas?

Thanks for your advice

Susiecatt

Ricky 09-02-2004 01:38 AM

Spots on ponytail palm

"rdquiltkat" wrote in message
Nolina recurvata? Closest picture I can find.

10 year old.

Full screaming hot morning and afternoon sun indoor houseplant (atrium
at a College) Yellow spots on old growth, no pots on new growth. Yellow
spots are block shaped like the parallel veination. Spots range in size
from 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch.

No thrips, mites, mealy or scale. Minimal fert. in spring. Dishsoap,
alcohol and lemonjuice to wash leaves occasionally.

Whats its problem? Any ideas?

Beaucarnea recurvata - family Agavaceae - what does that tell you? Minimum
water, full sun. Your yellow spots could be a fungus if they follow the
veins. Could also be Magnesium deficiency. Reduce the water, feed with a
little Magnesium sulfate.