GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Citrus Seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/52393-citrus-seeds.html)

chaz 12-02-2004 11:24 PM

Citrus Seeds

In general, how long to citrus seeds take to germinate?

chaz-

Brian 13-02-2004 06:40 PM

Citrus Seeds

My children frequently sow citrus seeds and they germinate within a couple
of weeks. The seedlings are very unlikely to ever produce anything
worthwhile. Just as a matter of interest I notice that the grapefruit
seedlings immediately produce a highly scented bloom and then nothing else;
so far!! Best Wishes.

J Kolenovsky 14-02-2004 08:02 AM

Citrus Seeds

I ate some Changsha, Pon Koa and Nu-clementine in December and planted
the seeds right away. I put them in a container, watered it and stuck it
in the stove (never turned it one) ,3-4 weeks later they germinated and
now with a shot of gibberellic acid every now and then and a drench of
mycorrhizal application, they are 4 inches tall with the containers
placed in a west facing window sill (doubled glassed). =

Here's a bit of scoop from Texas A & M regarding in Texas:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/c...sery/L2305.htm

chaz wrote:
=

In general, how long to citrus seeds take to germinate?
=

chaz-

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky