GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Overwintering Aphids (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/52853-overwintering-aphids.html)

[email protected] 17-02-2004 07:03 PM

Overwintering Aphids

How do I kill off the overwintering aphids in/under my
Japanese Plum tree? I'm looking for a commercial method
that won't poison my water well some 50 feet distant.

Don
email: donrm(at)soco(dot)agilent(dot)com

Guy Bannis 18-02-2004 01:32 AM

Overwintering Aphids

In article , wrote:

How do I kill off the overwintering aphids in/under my
Japanese Plum tree? I'm looking for a commercial method
that won't poison my water well some 50 feet distant.

Have you tried the detergents sold for this purpose? You could also make
some of your own with dishwashing detergent.

For overwintering insects in general, I use Volk oil spray. Doesn't harm
anything and just suffocates the insects.