GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   do you have experience with tar and chip paving? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/53494-do-you-have-experience-tar-chip-paving.html)

postle 24-02-2004 05:44 PM

do you have experience with tar and chip paving?

We have a walkway that we would like to pave with something that looks
like pebbles but is solid. After doing some research, we are
considering tar and chip as a surface.

Any ideas?

LanscpHort 25-02-2004 11:05 PM

do you have experience with tar and chip paving?

"postle" wrote in message
om...
We have a walkway that we would like to pave with something that looks
like pebbles but is solid. After doing some research, we are
considering tar and chip as a surface.

Any ideas?

the county resurfaces with something like that every 6 years or so.

first they pump caulk into the cracks. then days later, apply the sticky
pebble layer.

nabs 11-08-2005 02:56 PM

There is a product that is used on ball fields
called a soil stabiizer, from what i recall seeing
it is used with a stone dust. maybe check with a
stone yard.