GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   coleus seeds? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/53842-coleus-seeds.html)

alien 27-02-2004 10:03 PM

coleus seeds?

I have some different varieties of coleus and I am letting flower and
hopefully go to seed. How exactly does this happen? Will the seeds develope
after the flowers fall. During? Right now all the plants have long cat tail
looking flowering heads on them.

Thanks

z7 NC

Vox Humana 28-02-2004 12:12 AM

coleus seeds?

"alien" wrote in message
88.18...

I have some different varieties of coleus and I am letting flower and
hopefully go to seed. How exactly does this happen? Will the seeds

develope
after the flowers fall. During? Right now all the plants have long cat

tail
looking flowering heads on them.

I have had good luck with coleus re-seeding themselves in my zone 6 garden.
I try to pinch the flower off, but apparently I wasn't fast enough
sometimes.