Old 03-03-2004, 07:02 PM
limey

Default Grass seeding

What is the best time to over-sow grass seed in the spring? (I know that
the fall is the best time).
We live in Zone 7 (Maryland); the weather has been cold and lingering snow
left the yard very soggy until recently. It's still very damp.

Is there a typical "best time"? Temperature has been in the 60's all week,
but that won't last.

Dora

limey at toad dot net

Old 03-03-2004, 08:02 PM
David J Bockman

We need to wait a bit longer in this zone, Dora. Wait until the danger of
frost has passed (I think according to the almanac in our area it's
mid-April.)

Dave

Old 04-03-2004, 04:05 AM
Roy

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:50:43 GMT, "David J Bockman"
wrote:

===We need to wait a bit longer in this zone, Dora. Wait until the danger of
===frost has passed (I think according to the almanac in our area it's
===mid-April.)
===
===Dave
===
==="limey" wrote in message
===
=== What is the best time to over-sow grass seed in the spring? (I know that
=== the fall is the best time).
=== We live in Zone 7 (Maryland); the weather has been cold and lingering snow
=== left the yard very soggy until recently. It's still very damp.
===
=== Is there a typical "best time"? Temperature has been in the 60's all
===week,
=== but that won't last.
===
=== Dora
===
===
=== limey at toad dot net
===
===
===

If you want to plant now move south. My bahai grass seed I put out a
while back is starting to poke out of the ground already. South
central alabama, don;t have a clue as to what the zone is here!
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

[IMG] code is On

Seeding bald spots in grass Ignoramus24949 Gardening 0 01-04-2004 12:19 PM
Seeding bald spots in grass Ignoramus24949 Gardening 0 01-04-2004 09:56 AM
Seeding bald spots in grass Ignoramus24949 Gardening 2 01-04-2004 09:43 AM
HELP...grass seeding Peter Gardening 8 02-11-2003 07:12 PM
Seeding backyard with grass seed The Filers Lawns 8 29-05-2003 10:44 PM