Old 05-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Salty Thumb

Default MeanSpirited Group

Janet Bledsoe wrote in
news
This newsgroup servers no purpose. I've been here for years and it
has and continues to downgrade. There is no use for this group, nor
it's infested list of unhappy, miserable, snobby, whining and as you
put it mean-spirited people. They have no respect for others, and
little respect for themselves. I strictly read it for amusement now,
when I can find the time to drop by, and need a laugh.

You are such a MEANY! Why can't you say something nice about us? cry
cry

j/k

Old 05-03-2004, 05:04 AM
Callen Molenda

Well, I got a nice little laugh out of your grammar-, punctuation- and
spelling-challenged little post.

pffftthhhttt to you.

Callen in VA, who looovvees rec.gardens

Janet Bledsoe wrote:

This newsgroup servers no purpose. I've been here for years and it
has and continues to downgrade. There is no use for this group, nor
it's infested list of unhappy, miserable, snobby, whining and as you
put it mean-spirited people. They have no respect for others, and
little respect for themselves. I strictly read it for amusement now,
when I can find the time to drop by, and need a laugh.

Janet

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:16:36 -0500, "chaz" wrote:

Ken,
I wouldnt leave but I agree with what you are saying. I post a message and
someone posts a google link to the search engine. Yes, I know as much about
searches as the next person, maybe more, I just like hands-on advice
sometimes. Otherwise, whats the use for a newsgroup to start with?

Please hang out a while longer.

chaz

Old 05-03-2004, 05:07 AM
Dwight Sipler

Salty Thumb wrote:

...The only ones left here are us misfits, loud mouths, lunatics (WE LIKE THE
MOON, IT IS GOOD TO US), shills, trolls and a few rejected gnomes...

There are some cute, fluffy kittens here also.
http://www.rathergood.com/vines
Old 05-03-2004, 05:11 AM
Cereus-validus

Bleeding Janet talks pretty tough for a school marm in a floppy hat and
tennis shoes.

Turns out she's actually a champion in regional bitch slapping and tag team
gossip tournaments.

Everything she grows in her garden is overtly phallic: cucumbers, carrots
and zucchinis!! That's why she doesn't need any friends, if you know what I
mean. Whe she hoes in the garden, she really hoes in the garden!!! Nudge,
nudge, wink, wink!!

news

Old 05-03-2004, 05:13 AM
Frank Logullo

Tempted to say, "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out," but
that would be mean spirited
Frank

Old 05-03-2004, 05:15 AM
MC

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:35:06 -0800, kensnow wrote:

You know, I've been back and forth with this group over the years;
usually lurking, occasionally posting an answer if I have one to
give.

But this year I see the group has become pretty meanspirited.
Everyone directs inquirers to other sources, never giving their
experience, thoughts or whatever, and now including a few snipes like
read the label, look it up, do it yourself, etc. etc. etc.

This sure isn't the group it used to be.

What happened to the friendly people that used to be here? Have they
been driven away?

Yes, I'm out of here.
KS

Something I have noted are the number of "experts". Everyone's an expert
these days, it seems.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:15 AM

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:57:15 GMT, Frogleg wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:35:06 -0800, wrote:

But this year I see the group has become pretty meanspirited.
Everyone directs inquirers to other sources, never giving their
experience, thoughts or whatever, and now including a few snipes like
read the label, look it up, do it yourself, etc. etc. etc.

I beg to differ. I believe nearly all the inquiries requesting
specific information or experience are answered adequately and
politely (with the usual exceptions for any newsgroup). Even when a
troll posts only "how do I garden?" he generally gets a few hints, or
a follow-up query to clarify the situation.

I see little point in writing a treatise on, say, growing tomatoes,
when I can suggest a good web site on the subject. Some posters don't
appear to know how to use search engines. It isn't mean-spirited to
suggest how this is done.

When someone posts "how much sun does XYZ plant need, and can I grow
it in zone 6 (or mentions a location)?" there are *heaps* of relevent
answers.

Suggesting a good web site on a subject is a good thing to do, and
should be just as good as answering directly. That a great starting
point for a user finding information on their own. Posting a link to
Google is not.

It would be hard to find someone that is more experienced with search
engines then I am, and even though I use google frequently there are
limits to its usefulness. Some searches are easy and quickly return
the exact information you need, while other searches are more
difficult to do and are drowned in the noise of the Internet.

Its funny, I've often seen people posting a question on a topic, not
just on gardening but anything really, and one of the replies is
sometimes a "do a google search, moron" reply that may actually
contain a google search to use. When I follow that link I usually see
the very same post I was in at the top of the list, followed by others
asking the same question, with similar useless responses. The answer
is often buried, if its there at all, under a long lists of search
results. The point is if you do a google search, you'll probably see
yourself in the mirror asking the question in this newsgroup.

Swyck
Old 05-03-2004, 05:15 AM
Salty Thumb

Dwight Sipler wrote in
:

Salty Thumb wrote:

...The only ones left here are us misfits, loud mouths, lunatics (WE
LIKE THE
MOON, IT IS GOOD TO US), shills, trolls and a few rejected gnomes...

There are some cute, fluffy kittens here also.
http://www.rathergood.com/vines

Stay away from whoever's providing dental coverage for those guys ....