GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   MeanSpirited Group (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/54460-meanspirited-group.html)

[email protected] 06-03-2004 10:02 PM

MeanSpirited Group

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 09:53:13 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

Go ask you mother in which bar she does all her whoring for her gambling
money, fluffboy.

Cereoid, are you sure you know to whom you are talking?

http://www.webpan.com/petconnection/...oy_1_14_03.JPG

B & J 07-03-2004 04:32 AM

MeanSpirited Group

wrote:

Go ask you mother in which bar she does all her whoring for her gambling
money, fluffboy.

Cereoid, are you sure you know to whom you are talking?

http://www.webpan.com/petconnection/...oy_1_14_03.JPG

Is this a case of the tail wagging the dog, Geoff? :)

John

Sharon 07-03-2004 04:42 AM

MeanSpirited Group

wrote:

You know, I've been back and forth with this group over the years;
usually lurking, occasionally posting an answer if I have one to
give.

But this year I see the group has become pretty meanspirited.
Everyone directs inquirers to other sources, never giving their
experience, thoughts or whatever, and now including a few snipes like
read the label, look it up, do it yourself, etc. etc. etc.

This sure isn't the group it used to be.

What happened to the friendly people that used to be here? Have they
been driven away?

Yes, I'm out of here.
KS

I agree with you. Once in awhile I subscribe to this group again when
I am searching for information and very seldom get a civil answer. Often
the replies are downright insulting. Most of the time I use the Garden
Web forums at
http://www.gardenweb.com/ I have found everyone there to
be very nice and very helpful. They have forums on specific kinds of
plants, areas of the country, etc. Take a look and see if something
interests you.

Sharon

kevins_news2 07-03-2004 03:21 PM

MeanSpirited Group

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:03:37 -0600, Nate wrote:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:09:19 -0500, madgardener wrote:

Am i the only one that likes newsgroups much better than web forums?
Most of my old favorite newsgroups have been degrading for years, with
most of the members heading off to different web forums.

I find web forums clunky, slow, and in most of the current ones each
thread is one single list of replies without the ability to branch out
at all.

It's too bad.

I have to agree Kevin. I like the forum's but the way they're laid out
is frustrating. Here I can at least see headers and threads and
whatnot. If I want to see what everyone is talking about I have to
open each one and then back out to go to the next one. very time
consuming and I don't have that much time to waste flipping and
flopping about.
madgardener

I would guess this is more a problem with your news reader than the
individual forum. Try another newsreader or try one with filters.

He's talking about web forums. Usenet is just fine. Web forums are
what exhibit these limitations.

Kevin

no one 07-03-2004 04:05 PM

MeanSpirited Group

JOANNA G's on Umbra

no one 07-03-2004 04:16 PM

MeanSpirited Group

JOANNA G's on Umbra

NAearthMOM 07-03-2004 08:42 PM

MeanSpirited Group

lolololol Paghat you're great!

I love this ng. I have been here well over 7 years. Great people. I learn all
the time on here, and yes sometimes people get snippy. It's life. Human nature
is as mercurial as the seasons.

Love caryn

This is a SWEET newsgroup & everyone is KIND to each other, you monkey's
rump.

"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

NAearthMOM 07-03-2004 08:42 PM

MeanSpirited Group

Oh, now I know why I fit in!

Love Caryn
The only ones left here are us misfits, loud mouths, lunatics

"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Janet Bledsoe 08-03-2004 06:03 PM

MeanSpirited Group

I wouldn't call it snippy. It is more like -- they are disrespectful.

Janet