Old 06-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Kipper

Default One More Time...Question please...

Any info on Peacock Fern. I got one at the lawn and garden show in
Nashville and would like to know some info on them, also any advice on
moving Japanese iris. thank you.

Old 06-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Cereus-validus

Don't make us tell you to do your own Google search, Yom Kipper. Isn't about
time for you to atone for asking such vague questions?

Exactly what species are you calling "Peacock Fern"? Common names aren't
helpful at all.

If you are hell bent on moving your Japanese Iris, just do it, dude.

Old 06-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Brian

There are about 10,000 species of ferns and many having common names that
vary with numerous differences. 'Peacock' is not known generally but all
ferns are foliage plants and always need shady moist positions. Ferns are
neuter plants and serve well as foils for flowering plants.
If you need to move your Irises [Irides?] then do so with as little
disturbance as possible and all should be well.
Best Wishes.

Old 06-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Kipper

"Brian" wrote in message
There are about 10,000 species of ferns and many having common names that
vary with numerous differences. 'Peacock' is not known generally but all
ferns are foliage plants and always need shady moist positions. Ferns are
neuter plants and serve well as foils for flowering plants.
If you need to move your Irises [Irides?] then do so with as little
disturbance as possible and all should be well.
Best Wishes.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Elizabeth

"Kipper" wrote in message
Any info on Peacock Fern. I got one at the lawn and garden

show in
Nashville and would like to know some info on them, also any

advice on
moving Japanese iris. thank you.

There is a plant known as Peacock fern. It is neither a fern nor a
peacock. Also known as Selaginella uncinata, it is a spike moss.
Not sure if this is the plant you have. As has been pointed out,
common names lead to much confusion. Google the Latin name to find
a picture. I've grown this plant as a ground cover (damp, shady,
sandy) and as a potted plant.
hth, elizabeth

Old 07-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Brian

I concede to Elizabeth. This sounds far more probable. S. flabellata has
also been given that common name but I was too fixated by the 'fern' aspect.
Best Wishes

"Kipper" wrote in message
Thanks Elizabeth...

Old 07-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Still that idiot, Kipper snack, never gives any feedback with any clue as to
which freaking plant he is actually growing.

I say forget the GOMER and cut that worthless bilge loose.

"Brian" wrote in message
I concede to Elizabeth. This sounds far more probable. S. flabellata has
also been given that common name but I was too fixated by the 'fern'

aspect.
Best Wishes

"Kipper" wrote in message
Thanks Elizabeth...

"Kipper" wrote in message
Any info on Peacock Fern. I got one at the lawn and garden
show in
Nashville and would like to know some info on them, also any
advice on
moving Japanese iris. thank you.

There is a plant known as Peacock fern. It is neither a fern nor a
peacock. Also known as Selaginella uncinata, it is a spike moss.
Not sure if this is the plant you have. As has been pointed out,
common names lead to much confusion. Google the Latin name to find
a picture. I've grown this plant as a ground cover (damp, shady,
sandy) and as a potted plant.
hth, elizabeth

[IMG] code is On

More bugs on flowers 02 One more of the hundreds of bees visiting Joe.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 23-08-2009 11:42 PM
More than one squash at a time? Edible Gardening 24 30-08-2005 11:52 PM
One More Time...Question please... Kipper Gardening 0 06-03-2004 04:07 PM
Clay one more time steve stidham Roses 7 20-02-2003 02:51 AM
Thanks To All One More Time BenignVanilla Ponds 0 31-01-2003 06:08 PM