GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What to do with narrow space (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/54753-what-do-narrow-space.html)

GigaNews 07-03-2004 06:02 AM

What to do with narrow space

I am trying to determine what to do with a very narrow space between the
deck of my pool and a fence. The space is only about 18" deep and 8ft wide.
The space is in full sun. and we are in north texas. Any ideas would be
appreciated. I can supply a digital photo if required.

tia

Cereus-validus 07-03-2004 04:05 PM

What to do with narrow space

Run the gauntlet!

Oh, you live in Texas! That explains why you think 8 feet is very narrow.
Some city dwellers have been able to plant entire gardens on plots of ground
that narrow.

Or do you actually mean the space is 8 feet long and 18 inches wide and you
really don't know how deep you can dig?

If it's close to the pool, put in paving blocks.