Old 09-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Why Live Today ? ?

Default Plant Swap Local

go to meetup.com

You can find local garden folk in your area to plans a meet up.

We need some from the Branson ozarks area.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Brigitte J.

"Why Live Today ? ?" wrote in message
om...
go to meetup.com

You can find local garden folk in your area to plans a meet up.

We need some from the Branson ozarks area.

Thanks for this site. I didn't find any gardening groups, but I found a Pug
group that meets nearby.

Thanks again,
Brigitte

Old 09-03-2004, 10:09 PM
tmtresh

Thanks for this site. I didn't find any gardening groups, but I found a
Pug
group that meets nearby.

Hmmm. No gardening groups in my area either, though there are witches and
vampire groups. I didn't even know we had witches or vampires around here.

Oh, yeah, and a pug group, too.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Brigitte J.

"tmtresh" wrote in message
Thanks for this site. I didn't find any gardening groups, but I found a

Pug
group that meets nearby.

Hmmm. No gardening groups in my area either, though there are witches and
vampire groups. I didn't even know we had witches or vampires around here.

Oh, yeah, and a pug group, too.

We have witches and vampires too, which I was unaware of. I'm in southeast
Nebraska, not exactly where you'd expect to find witches and warlocks...

Old 10-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Janice

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:30:13 -0600, "Brigitte J."
wrote:

"tmtresh" wrote in message
Thanks for this site. I didn't find any gardening groups, but I found a

Pug
group that meets nearby.

Hmmm. No gardening groups in my area either, though there are witches and
vampire groups. I didn't even know we had witches or vampires around here.

Oh, yeah, and a pug group, too.

We have witches and vampires too, which I was unaware of. I'm in southeast
Nebraska, not exactly where you'd expect to find witches and warlocks...

Wicca is very "in" and the vampire/vampyre thing is "in" too.
rolling eyes particularly among the fringe dwellers, the lonely
wanna belongers, those who need a way to explain to themselves and
others why they hare "different" ..see.. I'm really a ____ fill in
the blank with any group name that explains why I've always been
different and in my differentness... now I DO belong.. with all those
others just like me.

Ok, before everyone starts jumping on my neck, I know that is over
simplifying, but it is based on what I personally observed with all
the folks I've met who are eager to tell me how they are witches ..but
good ones.. wiccans.

One of the fellows who was appealing to lonely and disenfranchised
young folks, mostly busty young women ;-), tried to cast his spell on
me. He handed me a cluster of crystals and in his deep hypnotic voice
talked about them and then asked.. don't you feel them warming in your
hands.. feel them heating. I said yes, I do.. and smiled and said,but
that's generally what happens when you hold onto items, the heat from
your hands transfers into whatever it is, and they warm ;-) This kind
of tripped him up and he sputtered around a bit before he finally gave
up when each time he tried to get me to accept some mystical
explanation for something. It's been too long and it's to late to
remember any of the other things I gave him perfectly logical
answers for what he was trying to lay off onto some mystical cause ;-)

Anyway, they're everywhere, it's been pretty popular for the past 15
years at least from *my* personal exposure. A lot of these folks were
SCA people too Society for Creative Anachronisms or something like
that..they dress up in costume and pretend to be people in medieval
time (at least those folks) and some of these people were dissatisfied
with how political the groups were (as all groups are) and they didn't
want to play with the other group anymore, so they took their toys
and went elsewhere and played new or offshoot games. ;-)

Keeping mind folks these are groups of folks I actually met, talked
with, observed over some years time. I liked most of them, but when
it came to wicca, these particular folks were waaaaay out in lost
field ;-) I realize it's kind of an earth goddess thing, but a good
number of the folks didn't know/acknowledge ..they just NEEDED to be
"different" and NEEDED to believe t hat they were different for a
reason and they had a deep need to feel they could somehow affect
through spells other people..(not all of them believed that much).

So yup they're out there, and they're everywhere, and there are any
number of different ideas of just what a witch is, good or bad, and
what they do and don't do, not to be confused with satanists!

Janice

ducking and running from the fallout

Old 10-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Zemedelec

A High Priestess in the Bay Area Pagan Society gave me the most useful
definition yet of being a Pagan : "Being a witch is not defined by what you
believe but what you do."
zemedelec