GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mahonia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/55246-mahonia.html)

Phisherman 12-03-2004 06:12 PM

Mahonia

I have several mahonia bushes, grown in two groupings. The one
getting full sun is doing better than the one that gets afternoon
shade. Most of the leaves have been stripped (by deer or slugs) but I
just noticed new leaves forming at the tops of the 2-foot twigs.
They look bad, and I was not sure what should be done. I spread a
thin layer of composted cow manure last month. I am in zone 7, east
TN.
Thanks