GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   F R E E Bamboo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/55634-f-r-e-e-bamboo.html)

Travis 15-03-2004 11:34 PM

F R E E Bamboo

Free bamboo. I don't know what kind it is. It was here when I moved
in. It's already dug and in pots.

508 N 200th St
Shoreline Wa
98133

Zemedelec 16-03-2004 12:42 AM

F R E E Bamboo

If you know anyone with a truck heading this way and back, I could reciprocate
with Elephant Ears, Hardy Gloxinia (year-round bloomer you couldn't kill with a
mattock) Yellow Dutch Iris, sword fern in bushels, etc. Just be sure to keep
that bamboo in pots, and do the same with the EE or Glox--both lovely plants
that love to take over gardens.
zemedelec

Janice 16-03-2004 01:14 AM

F R E E Bamboo

On 16 Mar 2004 00:15:30 GMT, pamfree (Zemedelec)
wrote:

If you know anyone with a truck heading this way and back, I could reciprocate
with Elephant Ears, Hardy Gloxinia (year-round bloomer you couldn't kill with a
mattock) Yellow Dutch Iris, sword fern in bushels, etc. Just be sure to keep
that bamboo in pots, and do the same with the EE or Glox--both lovely plants
that love to take over gardens.
zemedelec

I bought "hardy gloxinia" several times .. the only way I could get it
in the boxes they sell in garden shops and places like wal*mart, fred
meyer, etc.

They were firm roots, giving every indication of being alive, I
planted them according to directions on the boxes as well as looking
them up in my garden books, and they'd either not grow, or come up
grow a bit, then croak. They must not like my yard.. pretty much
everything else does that can be a weed ;-) *sigh* That has been so
long ago, that I don't even remember what the cultural requirements
were, but I planted them according to the info at the time.

Glad they do grow well for *someone* though! ;-)

Janice