Old 23-03-2004, 02:04 AM
John

Default uproot baby rose plant for a day

I planted a rose bush a month ago and it's starting to show some new leaves.
My main water line burst and I need to uproot it for 1-2 days.
Should I put it in a bucket of water for two days, find some dirt?
Suggestions appreciated.

Old 23-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Brian

Keep as much soil on the roots as possible and cover with damp sacking to
retain the moisture. Don't let the roots dry out. Should be OK.
Best Wishes

Old 24-03-2004, 01:03 PM
J. Del Col

"John" wrote in message ...
I planted a rose bush a month ago and it's starting to show some new leaves.
My main water line burst and I need to uproot it for 1-2 days.
Should I put it in a bucket of water for two days, find some dirt?
Suggestions appreciated.

It should do OK in a bucket of water for a couple of days. Make sure the roots
are submerged. No, they won't smother.

J. Del Col

[IMG] code is On

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
Too late to uproot and relocate Forsythia ? Uncle-C United Kingdom 2 17-03-2006 08:53 PM
Plant Explorers FYI Rainy Day or Winter day joys William Wagner Gardening 0 04-09-2004 05:10 PM
Baby Blanket rose AND Hot Cocoa! Linda Roses 0 06-07-2003 01:08 AM
Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose MMMavocado Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:30 PM