GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/56981-help-looking-palm-branches.html)

Els Catalan 26-03-2004 06:12 PM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

Hi I don't know where else to turn but to a e-group...

I am currently looking to decorate a parish for Palm Sunday. So I
need 50 palm branches. They must be at least 6' long. I am located
in East Boston, MA

If any body knows who can sell them, please let me know. I'd
appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Felice Friese 26-03-2004 07:07 PM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

"Els Catalan" wrote in message
om...
Hi I don't know where else to turn but to a e-group...

I am currently looking to decorate a parish for Palm Sunday. So I
need 50 palm branches. They must be at least 6' long. I am located
in East Boston, MA

If any body knows who can sell them, please let me know. I'd
appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

How about another church that you think or know uses palms? Or perhaps an
ecclesiastical supply house that should be able to supply you or refer you
to florists who supply them. But move fast!

Felice

Cereus-validus 26-03-2004 08:04 PM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

Why?

Are you expecting that Christ fellow to come to town any time soon?

Both the Catholic and Greek Orthodox churches give sections of palm leaves
out every year on Palm Sunday. Find out who their supplier is.

Surely you have more than enough churches in Boston to contact for the info.

NauticalWheeler 26-03-2004 09:02 PM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

Our church gets palms for Palm Sunday from local florist that orders them
just for Palm Sunday. We used them for the children and to decorated the
church. Might be worth a try calling a florist near by..good luck

Zemedelec 27-03-2004 12:42 AM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

Call the city's horticultural office and ask whether they have palms somewhere.
Or are getting readu tp chop some down...
zemedelec

Ann 27-03-2004 02:12 AM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

pamfree (Zemedelec) expounded:

Call the city's horticultural office and ask whether they have palms somewhere.
Or are getting readu tp chop some down...
zemedelec

Umm....Zemedelec, palm trees are in short supply these days around
Boston; although there's a restuarant on Route 18 in Wemouth that has
one outside that lives, somehow......

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Gardñ@Gardñ.info 27-03-2004 06:32 AM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

Ann in news:pmm9601vmg6672oqtogkcnmfinl9cmkd99@
4ax.com:

Umm....Zemedelec, palm trees are in short supply these days around
Boston; although there's a restuarant on Route 18 in Wemouth that has
one outside that lives, somehow......

interesting.
Rather close to temp. moderating body of water
http://imgs.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?
MAPData=eiwiPPhyzy07JuK_CcfIxmgCGpt6QyE9g3bTFNIEO4 ANx6JqOJ9ouabkqg8woJOiG
3h0Ti.JJG3J1URCXxbSpJqiSw2lDo62DGVjz7Qqs_EyMkG9jh_ 2CfmIQ2ofdLBB
[ http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...mouth+MA+&Get%
A0Map=Get+Map ]

http://www.wunderground.com/US/MA/Weymouth.html
Record (KBOS) 76 °F / 24 °C (1945) 17 °F / -8 °C (1975)

http://www.hardiestpalms.com/
http://www.floridata.com/ref/r/rhapido.cfm

Ann 27-03-2004 12:12 PM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

" expounded:

Rather close to temp. moderating body of water

Nah, it's extremely exposed, on the strip next to an extremely busy
road. I haven't been by there lately, it's no doubt dead afther the
winter we just had!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Els Catalan 28-03-2004 12:12 AM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

I am looking to buy about 50 palm branches for decoration purposes.

YES I ALREADY TRIED THE LOCAL CHURCH and they are only able to send us
palm LEAVES, NOT BRANCHES.

YES I ALREADY TRIED FLORISTS (Boston Flower Exchange) and NURSERIES &
GARDENS EVEN AS FAR AS FLORIDA AND CALIFORNIA.

But none seems to want to sell the BRANCHES.

PLEASE, advice ONLY if you know... the sarcastic tone about my belief
you can keep.

Peace
Els

gregpresley 28-03-2004 07:32 AM

HELP -- LOOKING FOR PALM BRANCHES

I'm assuming this is a trollin post - surely everyone who has ever seen a
palm knows that it doesn't produce branches - just enormous fan or feather
shaped leaves. But one "leaf" from a mature canary date palm might be 15
feet in length - no one is going to carry that as a commercial decorating
item.

John Gotts 30-03-2004 05:32 PM

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:38:22 -0500, Ann wrote:

Umm....Zemedelec, palm trees are in short supply these days around
Boston; although there's a restuarant on Route 18 in Wemouth that has
one outside that lives, somehow......

How about Newport, Rhode Island:

http://www.wap.atfreeweb.com/Palmdc/palms/needle.html

--