GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   nandinas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/57157-nandinas.html)

darla 28-03-2004 07:32 PM

nandinas

A neighbor threw away some nandina domestica that he dug up; I took
them home and planted them, then cut them down to the ground. Was
that the right thing to do? When should I begin to see growth?

KCnRichmond 01-04-2004 06:46 PM

nandinas

It's ok....They are hard to kill

om...

KCnRichmond 01-04-2004 06:46 PM

nandinas

It's ok....They are hard to kill

om...

escapee 01-04-2004 06:46 PM

nandinas

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:18:10 GMT, "KCnRichmond"
opined:

It's ok....They are hard to kill

"darla" wrote in message
. com...
A neighbor threw away some nandina domestica that he dug up; I took
them home and planted them, then cut them down to the ground. Was
that the right thing to do? When should I begin to see growth?

There was a reason he removed them. They are extremely invasive and very high
maintenance. When I dug mine out, I smashed the roots and cut them into a
million pieces so nobody could grab them. They are horrible plants.