GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pests on indoor gardenia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/57384-pests-indoor-gardenia.html)

Frank 31-03-2004 07:12 AM

pests on indoor gardenia

I have a 1G gardenia indoor. I place it near a southeast facing
window. It had pests some time ago. I bought a bottle of pestcide from
Wal-Mart and sprayed on it two weeks ago. Now, the pests come back
again! I can spray the chemical again but I'm wondering if there is
any way to get rid of these disgusting pests without using the
dangerous chemicals! Please help!

Thanks!

Tiff

Frank Logullo 31-03-2004 03:33 PM

pests on indoor gardenia

"Frank" wrote in message
m...
I have a 1G gardenia indoor. I place it near a southeast facing
window. It had pests some time ago. I bought a bottle of pestcide from
Wal-Mart and sprayed on it two weeks ago. Now, the pests come back
again! I can spray the chemical again but I'm wondering if there is
any way to get rid of these disgusting pests without using the
dangerous chemicals! Please help!

My indoor gardenia had scale and spider mites. I take it out in the summer
and 2 weeks before bringing in sprayed with a systemic. It got rid of the
scale which was killing it. Spider mites returned but they are easy to keep
down with water spray in house.
Frank

Frank 01-04-2004 09:56 AM

pests on indoor gardenia

what is systemic? Is it a chemical? Where can I find it? HD? //blush...

Thanks a lot,
Tiff

m...

Frank Logullo 01-04-2004 06:46 PM

pests on indoor gardenia

(Frank) wrote in message . com...
what is systemic? Is it a chemical? Where can I find it? HD? //blush...

A systemic is a pesticide that gets into the plants system and makes
it toxic to insects that eat it. It is obviously not used on fruits
or vegetables. Rosepride Orthenex is the stuff I used. Probably
stocked by any garden shop. It saved my gardenia which BTW has
several little children grown from cuttings.
Frank