GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any suggestion for a foundation planting to replace shrubs? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/57429-any-suggestion-foundation-planting-replace-shrubs.html)

McQualude 01-04-2004 07:21 AM

Any suggestion for a foundation planting to replace shrubs?

I have some ugly, scraggly, dull green shrubs that I plan to rip out, but
my wife is hesitant until we have something to replace them with; she
doesn't want a 'naked' house. I'm looking for some ideas that will look
nice year round and preserve our house's modesty. Thanks for any ideas.

Oh, and I have small children so nothing that makes poison berries,
stinks, grows spikes or attracts ungodly amounts of bees.
We have all those plants already ;)
--
McQualude