GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Freesia Upside Down? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/57479-freesia-upside-down.html)

Suzie-Q 01-04-2004 02:48 PM

Freesia Upside Down?

I'm not much of a gardener, and have never planted freesia
before this spring. When I planted it a couple of weeks ago, I
didn't pay any attention to whether it was rightside up or
upside down. Does it make a difference?

So far only two bulbs (out of 30) seem to be growing.

I'm in central Texas.

Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

paghat 01-04-2004 02:52 PM

Freesia Upside Down?

In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

I'm not much of a gardener, and have never planted freesia
before this spring. When I planted it a couple of weeks ago, I
didn't pay any attention to whether it was rightside up or
upside down. Does it make a difference?

So far only two bulbs (out of 30) seem to be growing.

I'm in central Texas.

Thanks in advance,

Two weeks isn't so long; more will be popping up in the next week or so.
Upside down is bad, but probably all the bulbs will produce flowers
anyway.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"