GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pyracantha/ cotoneaster (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/57717-pyracantha-cotoneaster.html)

dianeban 02-04-2004 03:02 PM

pyracantha/ cotoneaster

When should I prune the above shrubs?

They are growing well, but never flower , hence no berries

Brian 06-04-2004 08:12 PM

pyracantha/ cotoneaster

om...

Marley1372 06-04-2004 08:17 PM

pyracantha/ cotoneaster

Both Cotoneaster and Pyracantha species flower on the previous seasons growth,
so if you have been pruning them in the fall or very early spring, this may be
the reason for the lack of fruit. They also are both plants that I have
noticed may take a few years to get a good fruit set.

Toad

Brian 06-04-2004 08:39 PM

pyracantha/ cotoneaster

om...