GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Munched on daylilies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/57788-munched-daylilies.html)

Jacqueline 06-04-2004 08:48 PM

Munched on daylilies

The tops of my daylily shoots have been munched off, and the most likely
culprits are deer or rabbits. I'm going try the usual deterrents, and
assuming it works, will the plants bounce back?

Frank Logullo 06-04-2004 08:48 PM

Munched on daylilies

"Jacqueline" wrote in message
The tops of my daylily shoots have been munched off, and the most likely
culprits are deer or rabbits. I'm going try the usual deterrents, and
assuming it works, will the plants bounce back?

Yes.

Bobby Baxter 06-04-2004 08:48 PM

Munched on daylilies

Those deer can sure munch their way through a daylily bed. Hopefully, the
scapes were not been growing yet so that you can still have a normal bloom
season. The foliage will bounce back quickly.

Bobby
http://happymoosegardens.com