GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hexagon Stepping Stones... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/57845-hexagon-stepping-stones.html)

C.Swartz 06-04-2004 08:56 PM

Hexagon Stepping Stones...

Howdy all. Anyone have hexagon shaped stepping stones? If so, where in
the world do you buy them? Our lowes has diddly and none of the garden
shops around carry the hex shaped ones.

-Chris

Suzie-Q 06-04-2004 08:56 PM

Hexagon Stepping Stones...

In article , C.Swartz
wrote:

Howdy all. Anyone have hexagon shaped stepping stones? If so, where in
the world do you buy them? Our lowes has diddly and none of the garden
shops around carry the hex shaped ones.

-Chris

It seems to me that I've seen them at Wal-Mart. Call WM and ask for the
garden center to see if they have them.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

David Ross 07-04-2004 03:02 AM

Hexagon Stepping Stones...

"C.Swartz" wrote:

Howdy all. Anyone have hexagon shaped stepping stones? If so, where in
the world do you buy them? Our lowes has diddly and none of the garden
shops around carry the hex shaped ones.

Try a building materials yard. No, not a building supply place
like Home Depot. I mean a place where you can buy plaster sand
and gravel by the truckload, bricks by the cube, rebar, cement
blocks, etc.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See http://www.mozilla.org/.

eclectic 10-04-2004 05:33 AM

Hexagon Stepping Stones...

Are there any stained glass studios in your area? Many stained
glass shops have workshops for making decorative stepping stones
using reusable forms and fast setting concrete. Of course they sell
ready made stepping stones or make one to your specification. If
you're handy, why not buy a form and make your own custom
creations? (You can buy the concrete forms mail order or online.)
There are countless decorative effects: embossing images, embedding
decorative stones or glass pieces, tinting the cement mix etc.

Regards.

Jane 12-04-2004 02:02 AM

Hexagon Stepping Stones...

The stores with these items are difficult to find. I did make lots of phone
calls to every cement and statue place in two counties. Find one or two
nice places to choose from. I agree with David Ross, don't bother with Home
Depot.