Old 17-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Olushola

Default Square Foot Gardening

Having never grown food before, I going to give this a try as it doesn't
seem to labor intensive. A few questions:

Is this really legit?

Is 6 inches enough for the roots?

What vegetables are not compatible with this system?

Thanks
Olushola

Old 17-04-2004, 02:28 PM
JewelOfTheGnarf

My father in law swears by this method. It really works, and I use a lot of
the techniques in my veggie garden. I've grown everything from radish to
broccoli this way.
Get the book, it will help a lot.
Old 17-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:27:17 -0400, Olushola wrote:

Having never grown food before, I going to give this a try as it doesn't
seem to labor intensive. A few questions:

Is this really legit?

Sure is! A LOT of folks do it and it really works.

Is 6 inches enough for the roots?

For the most part. 6-12 is ideal.

What vegetables are not compatible with this system?

I can't think of any of hand....corn will even grow using the system if
you plant enough to pollinate. 1 per sqaure foot for corn,
peppers,tomatos.

Thanks
Olushola

Tom