GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   â?¢â?¢ A question about Ivy (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59041-re-%E2-%A2%E2-%A2-question-about-ivy.html)

Frank Logullo 17-04-2004 02:25 PM

�� A question about Ivy

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
When I first posted this, I didn't indicate it was a question.

I have a bank of Ivy. It's the type everyone has in Southwestern

Pennsylvania.
It's showing the wear and tear of the winter as it does every spring. By
August, it's pretty well re-established. Is there fertilizer, etc. that I

can
put on it so it starts to look better at the beginning of the summer?

Wish I had answer. I have same problem. Ivy close to house grows fine but
away from house is sparse. I figure it is warmer and more shielded near
house. Lately, I've been putting down pre-merge crabgrass fertilizer all
over, including the ivy. This knocks out some of the grass that competes
with it. Someone also said that deer eat ivy. I've never seen this but it
could be part of problem.
Frank