Old 17-04-2004, 07:23 PM
Jason

Default Christmas Palms have brown Spots on leaves...HELP!

I just bought a bunch of xmas palms and foxtail palms.. I went out of
town for 10 day right after buying them and a friend came over and
watered them while I was gone..

They all have brown spots on them now.. The foxtail has a brown
coating on the stem. I don't know it that's normal or not so I took a
picture of it too..

I live in Miami Florida ..

Here is a link to all the pictures.. Click enter on the website to
view all 11 pictures..

Please help if you can ...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287138737

Thanks

Old 21-04-2004, 06:02 PM
KM

"Jason" wrote in message
om...
can No one help?

Here is a link to all the pictures.. Click enter on the

website to
view all 11 pictures..

Please help if you can ...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287138737

Thanks

Hi J
Find somewhere to host the images where we don't have to register
to view them.
Sorry but I get enough spam as it is.

Could be lots of things but we need to see the images first.

--
Gerry
www.garden-guide.net

Old 22-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Jason

Thanks KM for your reply.. I didn't realize you had to register to
view them.. I'll find another place..

"KM" wrote in message ...
"Jason" wrote in message
om...
can No one help?

Old 22-04-2004, 10:02 AM
KM

"Jason" wrote in message
m...
Sorry about that.. Here are links to two of the Adonidia leaves

at a
free no register site.. Thanks for pointing that out to me..

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?loc...e=CIMG0452.JPG
http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?loc...e=CIMG0456.JPG

(Jason) wrote in message

. com...
I just bought a bunch of xmas palms and foxtail palms.. I

went out of
town for 10 day right after buying them and a friend came

over and
watered them while I was gone..

Well, I don't think I would blame the friend.
New plants, change of environment, etc.

Looks like you might have a leafspot disease there but it's
probably secondary.
ie the leaves got damaged physically allowing a weak disease into
the damaged
area.

My guess is they got scorched - maybe come out of a shady store
onto
your bright windowsill?

Forget about sprays or fungicides. Don't water on the leaves,
especially if
they are in direct sunlight. You'll get a lens effect
concentrating the light and
burning the leaves. I would expect the new leaves to grow healthy
and in
due course, the older, damaged ones can be removed.

Beware of spraying air-freseheners etc in the same room.

It's a pain but they should recover given time and care -
watering and light
feeding, directly into the pot.

--
Gerry
www.garden-guide.net

Old 23-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Jason

Thanks Gerry... I thought it may have something to do with water on
the leaves.. The trees are outside and the sun in Miami is strong..

Although, I had two choices when ordering sungrown or shade grown and
I ordered the sungrown..

Thanks for your response...

I'm always open to anyone else's opinions also,.

"KM" wrote in message ...
"Jason" wrote in message
m...
Sorry about that.. Here are links to two of the Adonidia leaves

at a
free no register site.. Thanks for pointing that out to me..

http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?loc...e=CIMG0452.JPG
http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?loc...e=CIMG0456.JPG

. com...