GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Does anyone know this tiny yellow plant? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59187-does-anyone-know-tiny-yellow-plant.html)

Antje Schulte 18-04-2004 12:02 AM

Does anyone know this tiny yellow plant?

Hi all,

My neighbour's dog has just killed my favourite weed (had to chase
mice I guess... :-/ ), and I don't even know the plant's name. I'd
love to replace it, I've always found it very interesting, but I don't
know what it is. Does anyone know what this little plant is called?

http://www.antje-schulte.org/Pflanze/unbekannt.jpg

It's very tiny, maybe 5 cm tall, and has tiny yellow petals as you can
see. Oh yes, and it used to live in Germany...

Thanks in advance,

Antje

--
Nichts Neues über den Erdrotationshamster, dafür aber viele
schöne Fotos, Wissenswertes über Chinchillas und natürlich

Mike LaMana 18-04-2004 03:04 PM

Does anyone know this tiny yellow plant?

Some kind of mustard (Cruciferae family)

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

Antje Schulte 19-04-2004 02:02 PM

Does anyone know this tiny yellow plant?

Thanks Mike, you're right, I think it might be one of the Sisymbriums
but can't get to the species somehow...

Cheers,

Antje