Old 19-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Andy

Default Bush that blooms daily?

Hello, I'm not a huge gardener (as you can probably tell) and I just
have one quick question. When I was growing up, my grandfather had a
bush or shrub of some sort in his back yard that bloomed each day in
the warmer months at the same time each day. It was amazing to watch
each flower open up each evening. Does anyone know what this would
have been and if they are common, easy to maintain, commonly
available, etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Andy
Old 19-04-2004, 02:06 AM
Perry Templeton

One guess would be Four O'clocks. Many colors, white, yellow, different
shades of pink. A smell that is devine.
But I think there are several plants that the flowers open in the evening.
Perry
om...

Old 19-04-2004, 07:04 AM
gregpresley

Four O'clocks. Also old -fashioned Nicotiana, and there is a tall biennial
plant of oenethera (evening primrose) that faithfully pops open every
evening around dusk, with big yellow flowers.
"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
. ..
One guess would be Four O'clocks. Many colors, white, yellow, different
shades of pink. A smell that is devine.
But I think there are several plants that the flowers open in the evening.
Perry
om...

Old 21-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Zemedelec

"Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow"--tricolored white, lavender and purple. Don't
know the scientific name.
zemedelec

[IMG] code is On

Rose bush - no blooms Phil Roses 5 20-09-2005 05:25 AM
No blooms on rose bush ? DXer Gardening 5 15-05-2004 04:02 PM
No Blooms on rose bush ? DXer Roses 1 10-05-2004 10:04 PM
Bush that blooms daily. Will Renkel Gardening 0 19-04-2004 01:02 PM
Korean Spice Bush Barely Blooms B.R. Jones Gardening 1 23-06-2003 03:32 PM