GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Banana ID? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59479-banana-id.html)

Raised Bed 20-04-2004 04:02 PM

Banana ID?

So, I went to Lowe's to get something useful and not buy another
plant, and bang --- there it was -- in all its beauty -- a banana
plant in a one gallon container. It had no useful tag, except the
price tag that merely alluded to its origin: Banana Super.

Well super it was, but I don't know what cultivar. I always get sucked
into buying these unknown plants because they are only 15 bucks or so.
The sales clerks were helpful, but didn't know anything else.

Does anyone have a vague idea what type of banana this is or what type
of banana's are sold in this fashion? I won't post a picture because
it is just a two foot plant with typical leaves of green with a hint
of red on the trunk. I promise to return to the home store and buy the
paint later. Actually applying the paint will come much later.

TIA

jim

Gardñ@Gardñ.info 21-04-2004 01:04 PM

Banana ID?