GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Salvage half rotten Colocasia bulb?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59680-salvage-half-rotten-colocasia-bulb.html)

Doug 23-04-2004 12:08 AM

Salvage half rotten Colocasia bulb??

Help! I potted up a "Black Magic" Elephant Ear bulb that I overwintered in
my cellar. It felt fine when I planted it but after a month it hadn't
progressed so I dumped the pot. The bottom half of the bulb is rotten, no
roots. However, there are a few "eyes" popping out around the good portion.

Is it possible to salvage this thing? Can these eyes be propagated?

Thanks.
Doug

escapee 23-04-2004 02:02 PM

Salvage half rotten Colocasia bulb??

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:49:51 GMT, "Doug" opined:

Help! I potted up a "Black Magic" Elephant Ear bulb that I overwintered in
my cellar. It felt fine when I planted it but after a month it hadn't
progressed so I dumped the pot. The bottom half of the bulb is rotten, no
roots. However, there are a few "eyes" popping out around the good portion.

Is it possible to salvage this thing? Can these eyes be propagated?

Thanks.
Doug

Plant it and don't overwater it and see.

Zemedelec 23-04-2004 04:02 PM

Salvage half rotten Colocasia bulb??

Almost nothing can kill an Elephant Ear. In five years you will be cursing its
progeny...
zemedelec