GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Myrica pensylvanica (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59813-myrica-pensylvanica.html)

25-04-2004 05:04 AM

Myrica pensylvanica

does anyone know where i might purchase a LIVE shrub of sweet bayberry? i
live in northern new england (new hamster) and it'd be better if the nursery
could be close, as oppose in nebraska or tennessee or something.

thanks, in advance.

Cheryl Isaak 25-04-2004 12:02 PM

Myrica pensylvanica

On 4/24/04 11:59 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

does anyone know where i might purchase a LIVE shrub of sweet bayberry? i
live in northern new england (new hamster) and it'd be better if the nursery
could be close, as oppose in nebraska or tennessee or something.

thanks, in advance.

Where in the Granite State are you? If you are in the southern parts, try
Red Apple Barn (New Boston?), Uncanoonac Mountain (Goffstown), Mixed Border
(Hollis) or Rolling Green (Greenland).

You might consider grabbing a copy of People, Places and Plants - the
gardening magazine out of Maine. The garden center/nursery list is due in
the next issue.

Cheryl
(also in NH)

Ann 25-04-2004 01:02 PM

Myrica pensylvanica

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

You might consider grabbing a copy of People, Places and Plants - the
gardening magazine out of Maine. The garden center/nursery list is due in
the next issue.

Fantastic magazine for those of us in the Northeast, and they have a
mid-Atlantic edition that's quite good, too.

Real gardeners, real gardens, solid info about our region.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Cheryl Isaak 25-04-2004 03:02 PM

Myrica pensylvanica

On 4/25/04 6:39 AM, in article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

You might consider grabbing a copy of People, Places and Plants - the
gardening magazine out of Maine. The garden center/nursery list is due in
the next issue.

Fantastic magazine for those of us in the Northeast, and they have a
mid-Atlantic edition that's quite good, too.

Real gardeners, real gardens, solid info about our region.

I just wish the TV show was a bit better - but I am willing to give it time!
Cheryl

Ann 26-04-2004 12:02 AM

Myrica pensylvanica

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

I just wish the TV show was a bit better - but I am willing to give it time!

Yea, it's a bit amateurish, but I'll watch anything with Roger Swain.
He's an awesome person, really nice, I've had the pleasure of meeting
him a few times, and even spent time with him walking through the
Boston Flower show. Truly a gentleman, and a great gardener!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Cheryl Isaak 26-04-2004 02:06 AM

Myrica pensylvanica

On 4/25/04 6:31 PM, in article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

I just wish the TV show was a bit better - but I am willing to give it time!

Yea, it's a bit amateurish, but I'll watch anything with Roger Swain.
He's an awesome person, really nice, I've had the pleasure of meeting
him a few times, and even spent time with him walking through the
Boston Flower show. Truly a gentleman, and a great gardener!

Have you read his books - the natural history ones? Really interesting!
Cheryl

Ann 26-04-2004 11:02 AM

Myrica pensylvanica

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

On 4/25/04 6:31 PM, in article ,
"Ann" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

I just wish the TV show was a bit better - but I am willing to give it time!

Yea, it's a bit amateurish, but I'll watch anything with Roger Swain.
He's an awesome person, really nice, I've had the pleasure of meeting
him a few times, and even spent time with him walking through the
Boston Flower show. Truly a gentleman, and a great gardener!

Have you read his books - the natural history ones? Really interesting!
Cheryl

No, I haven't, I meant to, but I've got a 'to-read' list at least 10
miles long G Someday........

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA