Old 25-04-2004, 07:02 AM
Bluemoon1383

Default planting tulips, any idea?

Hello everyone,

i actually like tulip a lot, but since i'm from a rain forest country
in which tulips unable to grow under that kind of weather, so i can't
plant tulip in my country. however, i'm currently studying in
australia and now i have the chance to plant my lovely tulips!! sad
thing is i don't know how to plant it. i actually have planted some
tulip bulbs in a pot with organic mix which is ideal mix for planting
and growing bulbs. however, it has been two months and i do not see
any progress on it. this is my first time to plant tulip without any
experience or knowledge, so any idea? thanks a lot.

best regards,
bluemoon
Old 29-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Frogleg

(Bluemoon1383) wrote:

i actually like tulip a lot, but since i'm from a rain forest country
in which tulips unable to grow under that kind of weather, so i can't
plant tulip in my country. however, i'm currently studying in
australia and now i have the chance to plant my lovely tulips!! sad
thing is i don't know how to plant it. i actually have planted some
tulip bulbs in a pot with organic mix which is ideal mix for planting
and growing bulbs. however, it has been two months and i do not see
any progress on it. this is my first time to plant tulip without any
experience or knowledge, so any idea? thanks a lot.

Tulips need a period of cold before they will grow and bloom. In
temperate climates, this is supplied by planting the bulbs outdoors in
the fall so that they are chilled over the winter, and emerge in
spring. You can simulate this by refrigerating the unplanted bulbs for
6 weeks at a temperature of 40-45F (4-7C). Then plant.