Old 25-04-2004, 07:02 AM
gregpresley

Default NE Sources for Small/Bareroot Plants

A plant native to your region that would be very happy in shady damp
conditions would be bee balm - monarda. Anyone who has some in his/her yard
will gladly give some away, because it spreads rather "generously".
"Jean B." wrote in message ...
I live in Massachusetts and am looking for NE sources for very
small and/or bareroot plants. I would like to naturalize some of
my shady, damp, zone 5 back yard, and, given the scope of the
project, it would be more affordable if I can find some pretty
small plants. I am interested in both local and mail-order
nurseries. Thanks!
--
Jean B.

Old 25-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Jean B. said:

I live in Massachusetts and am looking for NE sources for very
small and/or bareroot plants. I would like to naturalize some of
my shady, damp, zone 5 back yard, and, given the scope of the
project, it would be more affordable if I can find some pretty
small plants. I am interested in both local and mail-order
nurseries. Thanks!

Bluestone Perennials in Ohio ships small (and healthy) plants at reasonable prices.
Highly recommended. Likely close enough for quick transit time to you.

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/c...cgi/index.html

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 25-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Gary and Karen Manning

Green Mountain transplants is excellent source
..http://www.gmtransplants.com/

Gary

Old 26-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Jean B.

gregpresley wrote:

A plant native to your region that would be very happy in shady damp
conditions would be bee balm - monarda. Anyone who has some in his/her yard
will gladly give some away, because it spreads rather "generously".

Hehe. Well, I'm gonna have to be careful about that. Some spread
is good, but I don't want something that will take over the
universe!

--
Jean B.

Old 26-04-2004, 04:07 PM
Jean B.

Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Jean B. said:

I live in Massachusetts and am looking for NE sources for very
small and/or bareroot plants. I would like to naturalize some of
my shady, damp, zone 5 back yard, and, given the scope of the
project, it would be more affordable if I can find some pretty
small plants. I am interested in both local and mail-order
nurseries. Thanks!

Bluestone Perennials in Ohio ships small (and healthy) plants at reasonable prices.
Highly recommended. Likely close enough for quick transit time to you.

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/c...cgi/index.html

(attributed to Don Marti)

Thanks, Pat. I'll check out their holding. Gotta do it ere we
get too many hot days.
--
Jean B.
Old 26-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Jean B.

Gary and Karen Manning wrote:

Green Mountain transplants is excellent source
.http://www.gmtransplants.com/

Gary

Thanks! I'll check them out too.
--
Jean B.
Old 26-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Jean B.

Betsy wrote:

I love BayState near Greenfield. I'll look up the exact address if you'd
like.

Sure! I'd appreciate that. I am planning on doing some
genealogical stuff out in that area anyway, so I might just drop
in there--that is, if they actually have a retail nursery.

--
Jean B.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:04 AM
Vox Humana

"Jean B." wrote in message ...
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Jean B. said:

I live in Massachusetts and am looking for NE sources for very
small and/or bareroot plants. I would like to naturalize some of
my shady, damp, zone 5 back yard, and, given the scope of the
project, it would be more affordable if I can find some pretty
small plants. I am interested in both local and mail-order
nurseries. Thanks!

Bluestone Perennials in Ohio ships small (and healthy) plants at

reasonable prices.
Highly recommended. Likely close enough for quick transit time to you.

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/c...cgi/index.html

(attributed to Don Marti)

Thanks, Pat. I'll check out their holding. Gotta do it ere we
get too many hot days.
--

If you are up to the trip, Bluestone has a huge clearance sale at their
Madison, Ohio facility. (Madison is near the Pennsylvania line on Lake

[IMG] code is On

Finally, the bareroot bloomed Shiva Roses 6 04-04-2003 05:08 AM
Finally, the bareroot bloomed! Emil Roses 1 02-04-2003 09:32 PM
Bareroot Stawberry plant storage Tim B Edible Gardening 6 26-03-2003 09:08 PM
Dying bareroot Susan Solomon Roses 11 17-03-2003 01:56 AM
Cutting Back This Bareroot Rose Cdonahey41 Roses 1 13-03-2003 10:45 PM