Old 26-04-2004, 01:02 AM

Default jack-in-the-pulpit

Does anyone know a good, not too expensive source for jack-in-the-pulpits,
may apples, and the like?

Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Old 26-04-2004, 02:02 AM
paghat

In article ws.com,
wrote:

Does anyone know a good, not too expensive source for jack-in-the-pulpits,
may apples, and the like?

Alan

"Inexpensive" jack-in-the-pulpits would be something akin to cheap coins
of pure gold, or an inexpensive pet snow leopard. One moderately priced
source is
http://www.naylorcreek.com/index.html -- lots of interesting shade plants.

If you are knowledgeable enough about aroids to save seeds of unusual
varieties you've already had good luck with, the aroid societies & e-lists
do a great job of trading seeds between one another's members, though they
gotta kinda know who you are, because most people seeking free seeds are
just such asswipes, & if you've got nothing great to offer in return, you
don't get to play.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 28-04-2004, 03:05 AM
SAS567

Does anyone know a good, not too expensive source for jack-in-the-pulpits,
may apples, and the like?

Alan

I've got tons of them both and Trilliums, too, growing in the woods on my
property. Didn't know you could actually buy them.
Sue in Mi. (zone 5)
Old 29-04-2004, 06:05 PM

do a google search for domestically propagated wild flowers
I am sure they will have them. I have them in my itty bitty city garden and they are
a nuisance. I have to cut and dispose of the red berry stalk every year or have a
gazillion jacks sprout the next year. sooooo
if you know somebody with a jack, harvest the berries after the plant has died.
separate the berries and plant them. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 17-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Dana Schultz

got a friend with a forest?
I raided my cousins bush and got jack-in-the-pulpits, may apples, blood
root, both white and red trilliums, dog wood violets and many ferns.
Oh yeah and a few deer ticks.

--
Dana
www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid
"enialle" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:29:28 -0300, wrote:

Does anyone know a good, not too expensive source for

jack-in-the-pulpits,
may apples, and the like?

Alan

I bought a bunch at ebay.

[IMG] code is On

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Jack-in-the-Pulpit Jack Schmidling[_1_] Gardening 0 20-11-2007 08:24 PM
For Padraig: God's Way of Showing the Beauty of Flowers & Gardens - B.B.U.M.C. Altar, Lay Reader's Lecturn, & Pastor's Pulpit as Viewed from Balcony F.jpg 290002 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Garden Photos 0 11-05-2007 05:19 PM
Transplanting Jack-in-the-pulpit jbert Gardening 2 12-03-2005 03:31 PM
Jack-in-the-pulpit NewsUser Gardening 3 24-06-2003 05:08 PM
Jack in the Pulpits & other oddities paghat Gardening 7 11-02-2003 02:25 AM