GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   flowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/59948-flowers.html)

nikki 26-04-2004 12:02 PM

flowers

Just staring to wok my way around the garden, when is the best time to
start growing plants.

Pam - gardengal 26-04-2004 03:02 PM

flowers

"nikki" wrote in message
om...
Just staring to wok my way around the garden, when is the best time to
start growing plants.

Depends on where you are located and what type of plants. Nursery starts of
hardy plants are generally ready to plant when they are offered for sale in
the nurseries. Annuals are often available before it is entirely safe to
plant them out - they may need protection if you experience late frosts or
chilly spring nights. Seeds can be direct sown or you can start them indoors
to plant out when temperatures warm.

Since your addy indicates you are in the UK, you should be able to plant
anything but the most heat demanding of annuals now.

pam - gardengal