Old 26-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Travis

Default Rose of Sharon with chlorosis

I have two Rose of Sharon and both show signs of chlorosis. The
leaves are light green in color instead of normal dark green.

Remedies appreciated.

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 27-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Travis

paghat wrote:

In article , Travis
wrote:

I have two Rose of Sharon and both show signs of chlorosis. The
leaves are light green in color instead of normal dark green.

Remedies appreciated.

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Rose of Sharon's leaves emerge rather late in spring & are at first
naturally yellow, will later harden to green.

-paghat the ratgirl

Thank you for the advise on the Rose of Sharon and thank you for
bottom posting.

Travis
Old 27-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Pam - gardengal

"Travis" wrote in message
I have two Rose of Sharon and both show signs of chlorosis. The
leaves are light green in color instead of normal dark green.

Remedies appreciated.

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Hello Travis :-))

Hibiscus often suffer from chlorosis, typically due to a lack of needed
trace elements, usually iron, zinc and/or manganese. A good balanced
fertilizer with added trace elements ( I like Dr Earth's Organic 8 -
specifically recommended for hibiscus ) should do the trick.

For a really fast, tonic-like approach, spray the foliage and the surface of
the root zone with MirAcid (aka MiracleGro for Acid Lovers). This delivers
chelated iron rapidly and you should see noticeable greening in a week or
two.

pam - gardengal

Old 27-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Go to a Home Depot, Lowes or some other store with a garden section and see
the obvious for yourself. Believe it or not, it will say right on the
package what it is for! Amazing isn't it?

Old 28-04-2004, 10:02 AM
paghat

In article , Travis
wrote:

I have two Rose of Sharon and both show signs of chlorosis. The
leaves are light green in color instead of normal dark green.

Remedies appreciated.

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Rose of Sharon's leaves emerge rather late in spring & are at first
naturally yellow, will later harden to green.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"