Old 28-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Stew4rtLittle

Default Bonsai tree

I am trying to grow a Bonsai Tree from seed. Twice now I it hasn't
sprouted. Can anybody give me any tips?

Thanks

Old 28-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Brian

I fear you are putting the cart before the horse. Bonsai is a method of
growing trees by restricting their growth and shape to make them miniature
and ancient looking. There is no such thing as a Bonsai tree though
most/many trees can be made to become of this nature. What species were you
trying to germinate?
Best Wishes.

Old 28-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Babberney

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:13:35 GMT, "Stew4rtLittle"
wrote:

I am trying to grow a Bonsai Tree from seed. Twice now I it hasn't
sprouted. Can anybody give me any tips?

Thanks

It takes years for a seed to become a plant stout enough to resemble a
true bonsai. you'd do better to start from a cutting, or to buy a
container-grown plant with a nice form and prune it down to a bonsai.

Do a google search on bonsai and you'll be buried with good advice
(though, of course, you'll have to weed through a lot of ads, etc., to
find it).

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com/
Old 29-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Did you buy the Bonsai Tree seeds on eBay?

Do some research on Bonsai and find out what it really is.

Old 29-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Stew4rtLittle

Someone gave me "The mini bonsai kit". It came with a little book about the
science and art of bonai and the creation of bonsai. Also how to grow it.
But it didn't grow. The seeds are Jack Pine seeds.

Old 29-04-2004, 05:04 PM

these are little rip off kits. same for the little bonsai people sell. get a good
book on bonsai, go to your local nursery and look for well grown healthy material you
can work with.. Ingrid

"Stew4rtLittle" wrote:

Someone gave me "The mini bonsai kit". It came with a little book about the
science and art of bonai and the creation of bonsai. Also how to grow it.
But it didn't grow. The seeds are Jack Pine seeds.

"Stew4rtLittle" wrote in message
. ..
I am trying to grow a Bonsai Tree from seed. Twice now I it hasn't
sprouted. Can anybody give me any tips?

Thanks

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/