Old 28-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Sue

Default Moveing a Weeping Sargent Hemlock

It is a long shot, David, but you might contact landscaping companies and
tree nurseries in your area to let them know. A long shot, as maybe there
is someone searching for something like it.

While some may laugh at this, a wealthy summer resident of Northeast Harbor
Maine stalled traffic on Route 1A for about 6 hours last spring. He was
having a specimen apple tree trucked on a flatbed trailer. The tree was so
tall, and spread so wide, the flatbed was accompanied by State Police and
Utility workers to lift wires and stop traffic.

Stranger than fiction.
--
Sue Burnham

"David Glaser" wrote in message
I have a Weeping Sargent Hemlock that is about 25 years old. The tree
is in good health but is in the wrong place. It is in the way of my
new driveway. The tree is about six feet high and the trunk is about
10 inches in diameter.

It is a beautiful tree and I don't want to cut it down.

Is this tree valuable enough that I can have someone pull it out
(rootball and all) for free or even buy it?

Thanks for any info

Old 28-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Travis

David Glaser wrote:

I have a Weeping Sargent Hemlock that is about 25 years old. The tree
is in good health but is in the wrong place. It is in the way of my
new driveway. The tree is about six feet high and the trunk is about
10 inches in diameter.

It is a beautiful tree and I don't want to cut it down.

Is this tree valuable enough that I can have someone pull it out
(rootball and all) for free or even buy it?

Thanks for any info

There may be a Plant Amnesty organization in your area.
http://www.plantamnesty.org/

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

[IMG] code is On

Thorsens Weeping Western Hemlock sidneyworm Gardening 1 16-08-2012 06:38 PM
moveing sprinkler timer genius Lawns 2 04-05-2012 07:19 PM
Cam Prof Sargent Bush V_coerulea Garden Photos 0 18-01-2007 02:34 PM
Camellia japonica Prof Sargent x2 V_coerulea Garden Photos 0 18-01-2007 02:33 PM
Moveing a Weeping Sargent Hemlock David Glaser Gardening 0 01-05-2004 10:02 PM