GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   should I deadhead asiatic lily (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/60180-should-i-deadhead-asiatic-lily.html)

maf49 29-04-2004 04:04 AM

should I deadhead asiatic lily

I recently purchased an orange pixie asiatic lily and the some of the
blooms are spent now should I deadhead them to increase flower
production or just let them be?

Cereus-validus 29-04-2004 12:07 PM

should I deadhead asiatic lily

They will not produce a second crop of flowers no matter what you do.

Removing the spent flowers and immature fruit will encourage bigger bulb
growth for next years flowers.

om...