Old 29-04-2004, 01:07 PM
TQPL

Default Beschorneria yuccoides pollen swap

Hi Group.

Does any one have Beschorneria yuccoides in flower
spike and could like to swap some pollen?
Last year mine flowered and did not self pollinate
so I hope to get seed this year by usining another
clone.
Flower spike about 6ft now and opening fast. Seems
a shame not to go down the seed route.
Any help appreciated.
UK based.
Alan

Old 29-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from "TQPL" contains these words:

Hi Group.

Does any one have Beschorneria yuccoides in flower
spike and could like to swap some pollen?
Last year mine flowered and did not self pollinate
so I hope to get seed this year by usining another
clone.
Flower spike about 6ft now and opening fast. Seems
a shame not to go down the seed route.
Any help appreciated.
UK based.

You've posted to a mostly-USA group. You're more likely to find a UK
response at uk.rec.gardening.

Janet.

Old 29-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Cereus-validus

You are showing your vast ignorance again, broccoli.

Beschorneria yuccoides is a Mexican species allied to Agave that is grown
outdoors in the southwestern US and in greenhouses in colder areas. Pollen
can be mailed from the US to Britian with no problems.

Old 01-05-2004, 03:02 AM
TQPL

Hi Janet and Chris,

Thanks for your input.
I always seem to get the best responses from the
friendly USA, so have been posting widely.
Thanks for the uk.rec gardenening suggestion.

I understand Beschorneria yuccoides is hardy to
minus 10degree centigrade.
So that incudes quite a bit of the UK. Anywhere
west coast.
London no problem, south coast no problem and
probably upto Midlands too.

The parent plant where my division came from is a
multi crowned clump about 15ft across.
growing in Hampshire.
Alan

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:25:01 GMT,

"Cereus-validus"
wrote:

You are showing your vast ignorance again,

broccoli.

Beschorneria yuccoides is a Mexican species

allied to Agave that is grown
outdoors in the southwestern US and in

greenhouses in colder areas. Pollen
can be mailed from the US to Britian with no

problems.

It grows outdoors in the far south-west of the

UK, in west Cornwall
(and the Isles of Scilly of course). The local

council grow it as
roadside decoration!

Can also be grown outdoors in inner London, I

believe.

"Janet Baraclough.."

wrote in
message