Old 30-04-2004, 01:05 AM

Default Bradford pear - suckers?

We had a Bradford pear (mistake) that's been taken down. Will it send up
suckers from the roots?

Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Old 30-04-2004, 04:03 PM
madgardener

possibly. Go out and buy a Cleveland pear to replace it and you've done
yourself a favor. Better tree, medium growth rate, beautiful flowers, nice
shape when mature and less likely to snap off in storms like the Bradford,
and no stinky smell when it flowers like the Bradford too. Finish and remove
the stump and plant that Cleveland in it's place..........
madgardener
ganews.com...

Old 01-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
ganews.com...
We had a Bradford pear (mistake) that's been taken down. Will it send up
suckers from the roots?

The BPs in my neighborhood are at an age where one or two go with every big
storm. I haven't seen any problems with sucker in my neighbors' yards.

Old 02-05-2004, 04:05 AM
nswong

Hi Vox Humana,

The BPs in my neighborhood are at an age where one or two go with

every big
storm. I haven't seen any problems with sucker in my neighbors'

yards.

As you said, they are old and may under stress, and lack of starch to
regrow. For those younger trees, there is chance they will regrow when
condition are right.

Regards,
Wong

[IMG] code is On

Bradford Pear has offshoots all over User Example Texas 2 16-08-2005 12:49 AM
Pruning a Bradford Pear Barry Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
Bradford Pear Losing Bark Gary Harper Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Barking coming off Bradford Pear Gary Harper Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Holes bored in a Bradford pear tree Lou Minatti Gardening 5 23-03-2003 03:08 PM