Old 30-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Rich

Default Anyone use Tree Guard without killing their trees?

I don't know if its just a weird coincidence but after I sprayed Tree
Guard on my shrubs and lower evergreens this year (had major deer
damage), they started to dry out then brown. Now the leyland cypress are
all dying or dead. Several have turned completely brown and been
removed, the other 21 are in various stages of dying. (so is the
boxwood, hinoki cypress, weeping nootkentensis, and blue star and
chinese (I thought NOTHING could kil THEM)junipers )...so far the only
evergreen not effected are the spruces. Is this the way Tree Guard is
supposed to work: kill off the evergreens so there is nothing to eat so
the deer go away?

rich haynes
Old 30-04-2004, 03:04 PM

did you have drought in your area last year? are these trees on a watering schedule?

Ingrid

Rich wrote:

I don't know if its just a weird coincidence but after I sprayed Tree
Guard on my shrubs and lower evergreens this year (had major deer
damage), they started to dry out then brown. Now the leyland cypress are
all dying or dead. Several have turned completely brown and been
removed, the other 21 are in various stages of dying. (so is the
boxwood, hinoki cypress, weeping nootkentensis, and blue star and
chinese (I thought NOTHING could kil THEM)junipers )...so far the only
evergreen not effected are the spruces. Is this the way Tree Guard is
supposed to work: kill off the evergreens so there is nothing to eat so
the deer go away?

rich haynes

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Rich

Rich wrote:

I don't know if its just a weird coincidence but after I sprayed Tree
Guard on my shrubs and lower evergreens this year (had major deer
damage), they started to dry out then brown. Now the leyland cypress are
all dying or dead. Several have turned completely brown and been
removed, the other 21 are in various stages of dying. (so is the
boxwood, hinoki cypress, weeping nootkentensis, and blue star and
chinese (I thought NOTHING could kil THEM)junipers )...so far the only
evergreen not effected are the spruces. Is this the way Tree Guard is
supposed to work: kill off the evergreens so there is nothing to eat so
the deer go away?

rich haynes

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

No, if anything we had too much water last year......more than the norm
anyway.......... watering schedule?????? Nope, just when it rains
.....which was pretty often last year. (actually same as THIS year!

rich