Old 30-04-2004, 06:02 PM
EBG

Default Canada thistle

I have this Canada thistle everywhere and I'll assume it's from my finch
feeder?

Anyway, I read where you can get rid of it by not letting it go to
seed.....is that true?

Just cut it before it seeds and it won't propagate any other way?

Damn that Canada.

Old 30-04-2004, 07:04 PM
eclectic

"EBG" wrote in message
I have this Canada thistle everywhere and I'll assume it's from my finch
feeder?

Anyway, I read where you can get rid of it by not letting it go to
seed.....is that true?

Just cut it before it seeds and it won't propagate any other way?

Damn that Canada.

Well we here prefer to think of the perennial Canada Thistle
(Cirsium avense) as European in origin. Damn those Europeans. :^)

Trying to get rid of it by not letting it go to seed won't work. It has a
fleshy root system which produces multiple offshoots. Spot spraying with
Roundup is effective.