Old 01-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Brandon

Default 3 trunked palm plant on "In a Fix"?

On a recent episode of the show " In a fix" they renovated a homes backyard
around a pool. There was a section where they introduced a palm plant that
had three trunks and the called it a "triple...something or other, it was
hard to understand the biological name. they said it can come in single
double triple or 4 trunk varieties. I would guesstimate that trunk diameter
on this plant was 3-4 inches(each).
By chance did anyone see this show and know of which palm I speak?
Any guesses otherwise?
Thanks
Brandon

Old 02-05-2004, 07:02 AM
how

Hello,
Did not see the show but a palm that could fit that discription is the Pygmy
date palm. Google Phoenix roebellinii.

Old 02-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Ricky

"Brandon" wrote in message
On a recent episode of the show " In a fix" they renovated a homes

backyard
around a pool. There was a section where they introduced a palm plant

that
had three trunks and the called it a "triple...something or other, it was
hard to understand the biological name. they said it can come in single
double triple or 4 trunk varieties. I would guesstimate that trunk

diameter
on this plant was 3-4 inches(each).
By chance did anyone see this show and know of which palm I speak?
Any guesses otherwise?

There are multiple trunked palms such as the Areca (Dypsis lutecens) which
are close clumping multi-trunked palms nature makes and then there are
multiple palms that man makes by starting several seeds in one pot. Almost
any palm can be man made into a multiple. The common ones are the Dwarf
Pygmy Date palm (Phoenix robellenii) and the Christmas Palm (Adonidia
merrillii).

Old 02-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Brandon

"Ricky" wrote in message
"Brandon" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the replies, the one that was shown one the show didn't look like
any of the ones anyone mentioned.
The trunk was basically smooth and fairly tall.
I think I may be able to make out the name of the landscaper and their
phone number on the show ( they show his truck), I may just call him !

Thanks
Again
Brandon

Old 09-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Brandon

I managed to get the website of the landscaper who did the work off the
shirt he was wearing in the show..
Emailed them and got my answer...
The palm tree in question is called an adonidia palm. Another name for the
tree is a Christmas tree palm.

Brandon

"Brandon" wrote in message