Old 01-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Desperate, or I wouldn't advertise -- warning: wind chimes

I received some very nice windchimes as a gift, and I don't *do*
windchimes. I haven't had a single bite on these -- no one's even
looked at them. Before you click on the link (to an eBay listing), let
me tell you thiese are cow-themed. If you don't like cow things, don't
bother. They're really quite nice, and doubtless were expensive
considering the gift-giver. Brand new -- no chips

Sorry to intrude the ad. I won't do it again, but as I said, I'm
desperate.

http://tinyurl.com/24ros
Old 01-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Fito

"Frogleg" wrote in message

Sorry to intrude the ad. I won't do it again, but as I said, I'm
desperate.

You are desparate to sell wind chimes? What could they possibly be worth?

Old 01-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Salty Thumb

Frogleg wrote in
:

I received some very nice windchimes as a gift, and I don't *do*
windchimes. I haven't had a single bite on these -- no one's even
looked at them. Before you click on the link (to an eBay listing), let
me tell you thiese are cow-themed. If you don't like cow things, don't
bother. They're really quite nice, and doubtless were expensive
considering the gift-giver. Brand new -- no chips

Sorry to intrude the ad. I won't do it again, but as I said, I'm
desperate.

http://tinyurl.com/24ros

It's only been 2 days, don't have a cow (chime). You'll probably have no
problem moo I said mooving these items. People will ruminate until their
own cows come home before bidding.

Plenty of people have "mad cow disease" and love these things, even if it's
an unknown brand. Perhaps someone named Patty will buy it. No bull, I
wouldn't steer you wrong, would I?

Personally, I have a beef with eBay, so I won't wrangle with them. They
can't have their steak and eat it, too.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Frogleg

On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:32:30 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

Frogleg wrote

I received some very nice windchimes as a gift, and I don't *do*
windchimes.

Sorry to intrude the ad. I won't do it again, but as I said, I'm
desperate.

http://tinyurl.com/24ros

It's only been 2 days, don't have a cow (chime). You'll probably have no
problem moo I said mooving these items. People will ruminate until their
own cows come home before bidding.

Plenty of people have "mad cow disease" and love these things, even if it's
an unknown brand. Perhaps someone named Patty will buy it. No bull, I
wouldn't steer you wrong, would I?

Personally, I have a beef with eBay, so I won't wrangle with them. They
can't have their steak and eat it, too.

Your reply is worth the listing fee. :-)

It hasn't been just 2 days, but 2 days into the 2nd week-long listing.
Sigh.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Frogleg

On Sat, 1 May 2004 08:01:41 -0400, "Fito"
wrote:

"Frogleg" wrote

Sorry to intrude the ad. I won't do it again, but as I said, I'm
desperate.

You are desparate to sell wind chimes? What could they possibly be worth?

I don't know. I am desperate because I decided to get rid of them, and
have a box all ready. The combination will free up about 1.5 cubic
feet of space in my house, and maybe return enough $$ to list some
more saleable items. I'm trying to sort out and get some space around
here.

Old 07-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Salty Thumb

Frogleg wrote in
:

On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:32:30 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

Frogleg wrote

I received some very nice windchimes as a gift, and I don't *do*
windchimes.

Sorry to intrude the ad. I won't do it again, but as I said, I'm
desperate.

http://tinyurl.com/24ros

It's only been 2 days, don't have a cow (chime). You'll probably have
no problem moo I said mooving these items. People will ruminate until
their own cows come home before bidding.

Plenty of people have "mad cow disease" and love these things, even if
it's an unknown brand. Perhaps someone named Patty will buy it. No
bull, I wouldn't steer you wrong, would I?

Personally, I have a beef with eBay, so I won't wrangle with them.
They can't have their steak and eat it, too.

Your reply is worth the listing fee. :-)

It hasn't been just 2 days, but 2 days into the 2nd week-long listing.
Sigh.

oh well, my misteak. I had no problems selling stuff, even weird junk,
but that was when the economy was better and eBay was less commercial.

Just toss it up in the attic. Maybe one of your inheritors will end up
on Antiques Road Show and get rich (by more than $3 hopefully) once
somebody figures out who Clarkie is/was.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Gary

I say, "Never under-estimate the value of a good garbage can!" Unless
the givers have snooping privileges in your garbage, what's the harm?
Ever hear of "secure garbage?"
Or, alternatively, if you just can't bear to throw it out, make an
anonymous donation to a charity shop or save it for the next time
you're in a pinch to come up with a "white elephant" gift.
BTW - It really is unbelievable how much valueless, manufactured crap
we have in the world, while on the other hand, we have so many people
who are starving and eating out of garbage cans.
Gary
Old 12-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Salty Thumb in
:

yeah. btw, would anyone like a couple of used 5 1/4 inch floppies?

I still have some myself (SSDD, used though). Broke down and threw
most of them out. Don't think there's any chance of recycling ...
last I checked (5 years ago), they just burn them for fuel, at least
around here.

But you never know (selling junk) ... I sold a dozen issues of the New
Zork Times/Status Line (that you get a free subscription for when
buying an Infocom game) for $100+. I also sold 3 Infocom games, but
didn't get half that for all 3. Back then it was 25 cent listing fee,
and I thought I'd list the NZT set to get more exposure (linking it
back to the games). Sure glad I didn't just chuck them.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...8&oe=UTF-8&q=%
22obscure+technology%22+%7C+%22obsolete+technology %22+gallery

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...echnology% 22
+%7C+%22obsolete+technology%22+museum

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...22obscure%22+%
7C+%22obsolete%22+network+cp%2Fm

still OT, but for other reader's potential amusement :-)
Old 12-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Janet Baraclough..

The message
from Frogleg contains these words:

Also, while I agree that we all have too much Stuff, refraining from
acquistion is not going to feed the hungry.

It would save some finite energy reserves, and reduce pollution.

In fact, 'consumerism'
drives the US economy -- if everyone bought only what they needed,
millions (more) would be jobless.

Much of the "stuff" consumed by the western world is often produced at
the expense of dismal conditions in the thirdworld; cheap beef, luxury
cash crops and designer trainers, to mention a few. Don't fool yourself
that excessive consumerism is justified by supporting more jobs in your
own country; manufacturing is in vast decline in the western world.

Janet.

Old 12-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Frogleg

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:40:45 +0100, Janet Baraclough..
wrote:

from Frogleg contains these words:

In fact, 'consumerism'
drives the US economy -- if everyone bought only what they needed,
millions (more) would be jobless.

Much of the "stuff" consumed by the western world is often produced at
the expense of dismal conditions in the thirdworld; cheap beef, luxury
cash crops and designer trainers, to mention a few. Don't fool yourself
that excessive consumerism is justified by supporting more jobs in your
own country; manufacturing is in vast decline in the western world.

This is why I said the "science" of economics is a murky subject.
There are *always* good arguments on both, or rather every, side of a
discussion. More guns doesn't necessarily mean less butter. It might
even mean more butter, too. If economic effects were thoroughly
understood, the stock market wouldn't be a gamble.
Old 18-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

Frogleg in news:9t14a0h6v2sckpb68i66sh8b12ut5u7vn0@
4ax.com:

Well, according to the label, the cow windchimes aren't manufactured,
but hand-crafted from local materials.

they train the cows to aim at tops of rocks and let the results dry?

http://www.npr.org/programs/talkingp...en.html#kitsch

[IMG] code is On

Wind, wind and more wind. David Hill United Kingdom 5 03-01-2014 11:03 PM
Wind Chimes kind of Starlord Gardening 10 03-02-2004 02:17 PM
Wind Chimes kind of Starlord Gardening 1 01-02-2004 10:35 PM
Wind Chimes kind of Starlord Gardening 0 01-02-2004 10:09 PM
Wind Chimes Broomhilda Gardening 1 21-01-2004 04:43 PM